GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
User avatar
Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8770
Joined: April 14 06, 9:50 pm

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Bo Hart »

Socnorb11 wrote:Calling Carp a tool on THIS board should get you banned, in my opinion.
I think Carp has been a tool this season. Is it OK that I say it since I'm a Cards fan?

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 25472
Joined: December 20 07, 2:45 pm

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by dmarx114 »

Dam, I thought every time Jay put the ball in play, it was a hit.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43280
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by heyzeus »

I went to college with Janish. But I didn't know him...just of him.

Just throwing that out there.

User avatar
Ace
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3781
Joined: April 18 06, 9:36 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Ace »

go birds wrote:How did carp fit into the situation?

He just ran out there with everyone else and was the loudest?
Loud, angry, non-stop shouting, 6'6", right in the middle.

User avatar
Fan_In_NY
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5408
Joined: April 18 06, 7:22 pm
Location: Birthplace of Baseball- Hoboken, NJ

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Fan_In_NY »

Wow the reds get to a lot of balls that I would think would be up the middle

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Can someone check this for me? A friend told me they saw Phillips hit Yadi in the shin pads in his warm-up swing.

User avatar
vinsanity
Chili dog truther
Posts: 8836
Joined: July 3 06, 2:19 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by vinsanity »

go birds wrote:How did carp fit into the situation?

He just ran out there with everyone else and was the loudest?
Rolen was with Yadi pretty chill. I haven seen the whole thing again, but that's what it seemed like. They were standin round just talkin, the. All the sudden Rolen and Carp are at it against the back stops.

Brutus
Fringe Major League Player
Posts: 116
Joined: May 14 10, 6:54 pm

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Brutus »

Kyle wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Calling Carp a tool on THIS board should get you banned, in my opinion.
I think Carp has been a tool this season. Is it OK that I say it since I'm a Cards fan?

Most of you know it even if you don't want to admit it.

User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by clevername »

Kyle wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Calling Carp a tool on THIS board should get you banned, in my opinion.
I think Carp has been a tool this season. Is it OK that I say it since I'm a Cards fan?
actually, I feel the same.

if he were on the Reds we would HATE, HATE, HATE him.

User avatar
Ace
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3781
Joined: April 18 06, 9:36 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: GDT 8/10/10-Cardinals (García) at Reds (Cueto) 6:10 CDT

Post by Ace »

Kyle wrote:
Socnorb11 wrote:Calling Carp a tool on THIS board should get you banned, in my opinion.
I think Carp has been a tool this season. Is it OK that I say it since I'm a Cards fan?
Somebody [expletive] in Carpenter's cereal this season, that's for sure.

Locked