Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: May 8 12, 3:22 pm
Holy crap.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Blasted another 3 run bomb again today.
A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
https://gatewayredbirds.org/forum/
Holy crap.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Blasted another 3 run bomb again today.
I haven’t watched Cano on a regular basis, which is why I kept saying Vladdy Guerrero as a comp. But Cano might be a pretty good comparison, too.Magneto2.0 wrote:Tavares reminds me of Cano as a hitter.
I think a better comparison would be Matt Holliday, at least in terms of a violent swing where he hits the ball about a million miles per hour, and is more of a true hitter than a slugger.lukethedrifter wrote:From Goldstein's Insider article on future power hitters
Despite a controlled yet extremely violent swing that has brought some very loose comparisons to the swing mechanics of Bryce Harper, Taveras hit just eight home runs in 308 at-bats in 2011, but he already has 10 homers in 143 at-bats this year for Springfield while batting .315/.364/.643 in 36 games. Still, he's more of a hitter than a slugger, but one scout indicated that itself might be indicative of something. "Are we in an era where pure hitters develop more naturally into hitters with power?" he asked.
Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball ... z1v9Lxepse
That's who came to mind for me, too.Swirls wrote:I think a better comparison would be Matt Holliday, at least in terms of a violent swing where he hits the ball about a million miles per hour, and is more of a true hitter than a slugger.lukethedrifter wrote:From Goldstein's Insider article on future power hitters
Despite a controlled yet extremely violent swing that has brought some very loose comparisons to the swing mechanics of Bryce Harper, Taveras hit just eight home runs in 308 at-bats in 2011, but he already has 10 homers in 143 at-bats this year for Springfield while batting .315/.364/.643 in 36 games. Still, he's more of a hitter than a slugger, but one scout indicated that itself might be indicative of something. "Are we in an era where pure hitters develop more naturally into hitters with power?" he asked.
Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball ... z1v9Lxepse
Screw Fielder. I'm changing mine to Babe Ruth!AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Comparisons are kinda fun.
I'm gonna go w fielder mores than anyone else. Big fast hard swing. Pull the ball and hit it hard at all costs.