Page 19 of 26

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 8 12, 8:52 pm
by docellis
now officially the most famous white Bronco since OJ's truck

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 8 12, 9:09 pm
by Freed Roger
I'm ok with Tebow and have enjoyed watching this season shake out. But attribute much of that to watching NFL almost exclusively on DVR. So no pre-game, half-time, post game etc. A player's TD celebration that I don't want to watch - I skip. I don't have to hear what Tebow is saying, or what some ex-player is saying about Tebow, because frankly I don't give a dern.

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 8 12, 9:12 pm
by stlouie_lipp
docellis wrote:now officially the most famous white Bronco since OJ's truck
lol

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 8 12, 10:17 pm
by cardsfansince82
Bill Simmons wrote:I love how the new playoff overtime rules are gonna lose their virginity with Tebow.

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 8 12, 10:54 pm
by AdmiralKird
stlouie_lipp wrote:
docellis wrote:now officially the most famous white Bronco since OJ's truck
lol
I'm so stealing this.

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 8 12, 11:39 pm
by AdmiralKird

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 9 12, 4:09 am
by doe_boy
http://deadspin.com/5874203/why-the-ste ... -tim-tebow
The Broncos beat the Steelers 29-23 in overtime because Pittsburgh's top-rated defense schemed as if it were facing a 6-year-old heaving a medicine ball. By treating Tebow as if he were the worst thrower in NFL history, the Steelers turned him into an NFL playoff winner.

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 9 12, 7:09 am
by Socnorb11
doe_boy wrote:http://deadspin.com/5874203/why-the-ste ... -tim-tebow
The Broncos beat the Steelers 29-23 in overtime because Pittsburgh's top-rated defense schemed as if it were facing a 6-year-old heaving a medicine ball. By treating Tebow as if he were the worst thrower in NFL history, the Steelers turned him into an NFL playoff winner.

That's pretty much it, really.

And for all of the Steelers efforts to stack the box and stop the run, the Broncos still had 131 yards rushing, and darn near 4 yards per carry.

Re: Tebow Talk

Posted: January 9 12, 3:54 pm
by Radbird
Cronos wrote:
docellis wrote:Tebow threw for 3:16 yards.
LOL. I thought for sure you were joking, but I checked it. 316 yards.
Tebow Time: The three 3:16 references, boffo TV ratings and Lady Gaga love
Tebow wore "John 3:16" on his eye black in the 2009 BCS Championship game and has since become identified with the famous Bible message. The coincidental stats caused millions of fans to perform Google searches on the Bible passage in the past 24 hours. Here's one more unbelievable stat: John Ourand of Sports Business Journal reports that the final quarter-hour television rating for the Broncos-Steelers game was, you guessed it, 31.6.
Oh, and the Lady Gaga reference...
[SHOW]
Image

Re: Rant: Tebow

Posted: January 9 12, 4:07 pm
by heyzeus
Socnorb11 wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
pop_haines wrote:Really?

That was a fun game to watch. He's unorthodox,
but he gets the job done.
Except against teams that are good at football.

Bump...... because I got braggin' rights today! Y'all can eat my lunch next week, maybe! :)
Obviously there are huge question marks as to what the Steelers are at this point, but the Tebows deserve credit for beating 'em. Tebow played a good game. Nice play call to open OT...but if you can't tackle a receiver over the middle on a slant route before he covers 80 yards, you can't win a football game.