Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
- TGantz
- R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me
- Posts: 6698
- Joined: July 27 06, 11:59 pm
- Location: The Lou
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
I have already placed an order on a Matt Holliday cardinal jersey. This is freaking awesome. Yes Yes Yes.
- fanforever
- Retired
- Posts: 67125
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
- Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
So... is his nickname now Matty Ho?
- Radbird
- There's someone in my head but it's not me
- Posts: 62346
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
- Location: LF Bleachers @ Busch II
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Woohoo! I take the dogs for a walk and come home to this fantastic news!!!
-
RickStain
- Everyday Player
- Posts: 257
- Joined: January 24 09, 2:32 pm
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
More money committed than you'd like, but these are the risks a winning team has to take. The Cardinals only get so many prime Pujols seasons and you cannot afford to waste them.
- cpebbles
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 8829
- Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
He will forever be "IBM" to me.fanforever wrote:So... is his nickname now Matty Ho?
-
jagtrader
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 12648
- Joined: June 5 06, 10:01 am
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
It's too long and the money is excessive, but that's the nature of signing the top free agent on the market. I'd rather have Holliday for too long than not have him next season.
- fanforever
- Retired
- Posts: 67125
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
- Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
dgoold So, the next seven years ... Who has a higher batting average: Brett Wallace in Toronto or Matt Holliday with the #Cardinals? #stlcards 7 minutes ago from web
-
jim
- Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
- Posts: 50393
- Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
PaintItRed got a MLB card for x-mas, he just asked me if he could borrow a few bucks to place the order. I said no of course.Gantz wrote:I have already placed an order on a Matt Holliday cardinal jersey. This is freaking awesome. Yes Yes Yes.
- Eephus Speed
- All-Star
- Posts: 1642
- Joined: August 28 09, 5:33 pm
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
7 years, of course, makes this a risky deal. Holliday being a position player who has been very durable up to this point lessens the risk.
The AAV is probably just right. If he stays healthy and his numbers (offensive and defensive) don't fall off a cliff, I think there's a good chance he'll be worth $120M over the next 7 years.
Interested to see the details. If there's no opt-out clause and there's a club option (with a reasonable buyout), I'll be pleased.
The AAV is probably just right. If he stays healthy and his numbers (offensive and defensive) don't fall off a cliff, I think there's a good chance he'll be worth $120M over the next 7 years.
Interested to see the details. If there's no opt-out clause and there's a club option (with a reasonable buyout), I'll be pleased.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
thats a lot of money for a lot of years. but not my money- so I guess its good.
/trying to imagine his defensive skills 5 years from now.
/trying to imagine his defensive skills 5 years from now.



