Page 183 of 214
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 5:49 pm
by TGantz
I have already placed an order on a Matt Holliday cardinal jersey. This is freaking awesome. Yes Yes Yes.
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 5:53 pm
by fanforever
So... is his nickname now Matty Ho?
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 5:54 pm
by Radbird
Woohoo! I take the dogs for a walk and come home to this fantastic news!!!
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 5:54 pm
by RickStain
More money committed than you'd like, but these are the risks a winning team has to take. The Cardinals only get so many prime Pujols seasons and you cannot afford to waste them.
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 5:58 pm
by cpebbles
fanforever wrote:So... is his nickname now Matty Ho?
He will forever be "IBM" to me.
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 5:59 pm
by jagtrader
It's too long and the money is excessive, but that's the nature of signing the top free agent on the market. I'd rather have Holliday for too long than not have him next season.
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 6:03 pm
by fanforever
dgoold So, the next seven years ... Who has a higher batting average: Brett Wallace in Toronto or Matt Holliday with the #Cardinals? #stlcards 7 minutes ago from web
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 6:04 pm
by jim
Gantz wrote:I have already placed an order on a Matt Holliday cardinal jersey. This is freaking awesome. Yes Yes Yes.
PaintItRed got a MLB card for x-mas, he just asked me if he could borrow a few bucks to place the order. I said no of course.
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 6:06 pm
by Eephus Speed
7 years, of course, makes this a risky deal. Holliday being a position player who has been very durable up to this point lessens the risk.
The AAV is probably just right. If he stays healthy and his numbers (offensive and defensive) don't fall off a cliff, I think there's a good chance he'll be worth $120M over the next 7 years.
Interested to see the details. If there's no opt-out clause and there's a club option (with a reasonable buyout), I'll be pleased.
Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178
Posted: January 5 10, 6:08 pm
by Freed Roger
thats a lot of money for a lot of years. but not my money- so I guess its good.
/trying to imagine his defensive skills 5 years from now.