Page 184 of 214

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:08 pm
by TGantz
whiterat24 wrote:
Gantz wrote:I have already placed an order on a Matt Holliday cardinal jersey. This is freaking awesome. Yes Yes Yes.
PaintItRed got a MLB card for x-mas, he just asked me if he could borrow a few bucks to place the order. I said no of course.
LOL

We have a new #15 in town... again. The real question is if I should get the Cardinals batting practice style jersey like my Edmonds one or if I should get a classic white or gray one? Or do I go cheap and get a T-shirt so I can wear it once or twice a week? I plan on naming my kid Matt and naming my next dog Holliday.

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:14 pm
by ghostrunner
I still say he goes to the Yanks or Red Sox.

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:14 pm
by stlouie_lipp
I'm a very happy man right now.

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:15 pm
by Radbird
Nice headline pic on foxsports.com - "Working Holliday". Don't know how long it will be up, but it won't let me post the image.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:20 pm
by fanforever
I don't want to research this thread, but is this contract better than the one offered by Colorado in 2008?

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:25 pm
by stlouie_lipp
ghostrunner wrote:I still say he goes to the Yanks or Red Sox.
Good one.

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:25 pm
by Popeye_Card
I have an inside source that says the physical may not be a sure thing. Something about not having a stomach, and having difficulty breathing in October. Stay tuned.

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:26 pm
by Radbird
fanforever wrote:I don't want to research this thread, but is this contract better than the one offered by Colorado in 2008?
Rockies offer was 4 yrs/$80M without a no-trade clause, IIRC.

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:29 pm
by fanforever
Radbird wrote:
fanforever wrote:I don't want to research this thread, but is this contract better than the one offered by Colorado in 2008?
Rockies offer was 4 yrs/$80M without a no-trade clause, IIRC.

Thanks Rad. we got a steal IMO

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Posted: January 5 10, 6:31 pm
by fanforever
holliday's 8th year vests at $17 mil if he finishes in the top 10 in MVP voting in the 7th year. #cardinals, #kingofthewinter 15 minutes ago from web
SI_JonHeyman