Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Locked
User avatar
clevername
Bringer of FRBG
Posts: 10380
Joined: April 16 06, 7:13 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by clevername »

I think we can safely blame Pujols' production falling off that cliff on Lugo's arrival and not Holliday's.

User avatar
Eephus Speed
All-Star
Posts: 1642
Joined: August 28 09, 5:33 pm

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Eephus Speed »

Trade Ludwick?

Swatcat27
All-Star
Posts: 1830
Joined: July 25 06, 12:58 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Swatcat27 »

how much money do you think there is left for MO to go spending ?
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.

Kasko
Veteran Player
Posts: 721
Joined: January 16 08, 7:10 am

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Kasko »

withAloe wrote:Trade Ludwick?
Wouldn't be surprised.

danh35
All-Star
Posts: 1473
Joined: June 15 06, 8:56 am
Location: Newark, IL

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by danh35 »

Swatcat27 wrote:how much money do you think there is left for MO to go spending ?
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.
According to Leach, there is about $6-7 million left to spend.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by JCShutout »

danh35 wrote:
Swatcat27 wrote:how much money do you think there is left for MO to go spending ?
I really wish he goes after some relief help...we need a backup plan for Franklin in case he implodes.
According to Leach, there is about $6-7 million left to spend.
Smoltz and a RP and done.

User avatar
Eephus Speed
All-Star
Posts: 1642
Joined: August 28 09, 5:33 pm

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Eephus Speed »

~$5-6M, I believe. Can we trade Ludwick for Kelly Johnson?

And let's trade Lohse...yeah, right.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Cronos »

JCShutout wrote: Smoltz as a RP and done.
Fixed.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13356
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by JCShutout »

Cronos69 wrote:
JCShutout wrote: Smoltz as a RP and done.
Fixed.
I'd rather Smoltz start and Garcia be a swingman/6th starter (not too many innings after surgery plz), and then Smoltz can be a RP in the playoffs.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: Update: HOLLIDAY A CARD 7yr/120 million, p178

Post by Cronos »

JCShutout wrote:I'd rather Smoltz start and Garcia be a swingman/6th starter (not too many innings after surgery plz), and then Smoltz can be a RP in the playoffs.
5th starter is rarely needed to actually start every 5th day (due to off-days); if they need to give him rest they can do so. I'd like to see what Garcia's got. Besides, I'm not sure Smoltzy will go that cheap. At this point I would think he's going to go the Roger Clemens/Pedro Martinez route and sign halfway through the year.

At this point, I'd say Lohse is probably going to slot in as the 4th/5th starter anyways.

Locked