Page 20 of 34
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: May 17 12, 6:51 pm
by go birds
how about gary sheffield?
mos violent swing ive ever seen
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: May 18 12, 3:12 pm
by BW23
I was thinking Andujar was most violent.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: June 26 12, 10:57 am
by go birds
Update on how he's doing so far....(stole this from a poster over at FR):
279 AB, 2nd in H with 90, Tied for 1st in Doubles with 22, 3rd in HR at 15, 3rd in RBI at 51, 1st in Total Bases in 165, 4th in OBP at .377, 2nd in Slugging at .591, 1st in AVG at a steady .323 AVG, 2nd in OPS at .968
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: June 26 12, 11:00 am
by cards2468
Granted it's a fantasy baseball dynasty team prospect rankings, but they have Taveras at 8th
http://www.faketeams.com/2012/6/22/3109 ... =fangraphs
Shelby is at 15th and Martinez is at 27th.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: June 26 12, 11:33 am
by Rieges
I'm blown away by his stats so far but even more so because he's doing it as a guy that just turned 20 last week and that skipped a level.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: June 28 12, 9:47 pm
by pioneer98
Taveras was 3 for 4 with a HR and a double in the Texas League All-Star Game tonight.
Wong was 1 for 2.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: June 29 12, 9:11 pm
by phins
Taveras was also named the game's MVP.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: July 2 12, 8:50 am
by Fat Strat
phins wrote:Taveras was also named the game's MVP.
How long until he's called up to AAA? Or do they leave him in Spfd all year? He's certainly earned a promotion, but they have a tendency to leave guys at AA for the full season.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: July 2 12, 9:00 am
by go birds
I feel like they've been pretty aggressive with prospects. Promote him and see what he can do.
God knows the Redbird fans need something to get excited about.
Re: Oscar Taveras
Posted: July 2 12, 9:22 am
by phins
Special talents can often skip AAA altogether. He's the second youngest player in the league I believe (I think Profar is youngest).
It won't hurt his progression either way, and I'd just let him play with Wong personally (I know, I know).