Page 20 of 529

Re: Random musings

Posted: May 30 14, 11:13 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Valet onky hotels are stupid. I want access to my car without having my hand held.

Re: Random musings

Posted: May 30 14, 5:54 pm
by Radbird
What would I think of STL if I hadn't been born and raised there and was visiting it for the first time?

Re: Random musings

Posted: May 31 14, 10:08 am
by cardsfansince82
I love sarcasm almost as much as I hate rude ass holes, so the exchange I just witnessed between two strangers was one of the greatest things ever. To set the scene, a lady was at a computer working and a guy in the general area had his cellphone on loud annoying ass hole ring tone setting and kept getting calls. The lady finally approached him:

-Excuse me, sir? Is that your phone that keeps ringing?

- Yes?

-Is there any way you could put it on silent or vibrate? Some people are trying work here.

-uh, I *guess* I could do that.

-Sorry for your loss.

That last line made my day. I wanted to give her a hug or something.

Re: Random musings

Posted: May 31 14, 2:54 pm
by planet planet
Radbird wrote:Damn it. Now I want Wendy's chili. And I don't even particularly like it.
Skyline chili is awesome. Broke it out in honor of OT.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 3 14, 9:56 am
by heyzeus
Whenever I'm parallel parking, I want Explosions in the Sky to be playing. It makes the whole process seem like a triumph of the human spirit.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 6 14, 8:47 am
by cardsfansince82
cardsfansince82 wrote:
tlombard wrote: I agree with Judge Judy being horrible but Family Fued with Steve Harvey is just great.

I still laugh about the time they were asked to name something that you roll up and one of the answers on the board was a joint.
That's part of why I hate it. Every question on there anymore is intentionally designed to elicit people saying something sexual or embarrassing. They'll ask a stupid question and then put eight answers on the board when only four of them make any sense. Then the audience has to do the entirely awkward reading of the missed answers. The final round is also way too hard. You can get most of the top answers and still not win. Even if you do win, the prizes are pretty crappy. The show is lowest common denominator entertainment designed for people who are only half paying attention. Steve Harvey is actually pretty funny, but the show is terrible.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/actual ... +bubbaprog

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 6 14, 11:31 am
by Radbird
planet p wrote:
Radbird wrote:Damn it. Now I want Wendy's chili. And I don't even particularly like it.
Skyline chili is awesome. Broke it out in honor of OT.
Every city seems to have a local food that is either loved or hated. Just like Imos for us, it seems to be Skyline for Cincy.

We made it from a seasoning packet someone sent us. It was horrid, but I'll reserve judgment until can visit and try the real thing.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 9 14, 12:07 am
by The Third Man
heyzeus wrote:Through pure desperation I found myself at a panera today buying bagels for my in laws. Depressing enough as is. But these assclowns don't even make poppyseed bagels. Come again? That's like going to a Catholic Church, asking for communion, and being told
"Oh, we don't offer that here."

We never would have given the gift of bagels to you goyim if we'd known you were just gonna [expletive] them up like this. Those [expletive] had a CINNAMON TOAST bagel but had never heard of poppyseed. [expletive] [expletive]. [expletive].
That line about pizza - like sex, even when it's bad it's good - is how I feel about bagels, so hell, I'd be happy with whatever.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 9 14, 1:36 am
by MrCrowesGarden
cardsfansince82 wrote:
cardsfansince82 wrote:
tlombard wrote: I agree with Judge Judy being horrible but Family Fued with Steve Harvey is just great.

I still laugh about the time they were asked to name something that you roll up and one of the answers on the board was a joint.
That's part of why I hate it. Every question on there anymore is intentionally designed to elicit people saying something sexual or embarrassing. They'll ask a stupid question and then put eight answers on the board when only four of them make any sense. Then the audience has to do the entirely awkward reading of the missed answers. The final round is also way too hard. You can get most of the top answers and still not win. Even if you do win, the prizes are pretty crappy. The show is lowest common denominator entertainment designed for people who are only half paying attention. Steve Harvey is actually pretty funny, but the show is terrible.
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/actual ... +bubbaprog
I agree with parts of what you're saying, but I do find the show very entertaining (mostly because of Steve Harvey). I don't like the aspect where they try to get families to say something overtly sexual, and it would be a better show without it.

FWIW, they put every answer on the board that gets 2 or more responses.

WRT the final round, it is still amazing that after all these years, the prize is still 5 dollars a point for those who don't get to 200. But there's nothing quite as exciting to me as a family who puts their weak link in Round 1, that person gets something like 40 points, and the lancer comes in to save the game (inversely, nothing's worse than when someone gets 150 points or so at the beginning and partner #2 locks up). The last question in Fast Money is always meant to be the game saver. It's always a question where there's one or two glaring answers that are going to account for 3/4 of the responses or more. Something like: "name an event where you get a lot of presents." If the two people participating are smart enough to say "Christmas" and "my birthday," it's usually good for a combined 75 points between them.

Maybe it's because this show is always on at 9 AM where I live, and I go to bed at 10 AM, but Family Feud is just about the perfect thing to watch before falling asleep.

Re: Random musings

Posted: June 9 14, 10:02 am
by cardsfansince82
MrCrowesGarden wrote:Family Feud is just about the perfect thing to watch before falling asleep.
That sounds like a good way to have nightmares to me.