Page 20 of 32

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 1 22, 10:44 am
by GeddyWrox
G. Keenan wrote: ↑
July 25 22, 2:37 pm
Leroy wrote: ↑
July 25 22, 1:10 pm
Depends on who does your taxes.
Sounds like a business lunch to me :wink:
nana nana nana

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 12 22, 10:32 am
by thrill
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 12 22, 11:12 am
by Fat_Bulldog
Good for you thrill! Congrats.

I bet that feels awesome.

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 12 22, 8:31 pm
by Arthur Dent
thrill wrote: ↑
August 12 22, 10:32 am
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.
Quitting your job rocks. Well done.

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 13 22, 9:16 pm
by sighyoung
Arthur Dent wrote: ↑
August 12 22, 8:31 pm
thrill wrote: ↑
August 12 22, 10:32 am
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.
Quitting your job rocks. Well done.
++

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 13 22, 9:19 pm
by sighyoung
My son moved out at the end of July, so my wife and I are quasi-empty nesters. My daughter returns from abroad tomorrow, but heads back to college at the end of August.

It's not bad.

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 17 22, 11:20 am
by G. Keenan
thrill wrote: ↑
August 12 22, 10:32 am
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.
Good for you my man. I think everyone I know who has a quit a job because the workplace environment just wasn't worth it anymore has ended up in a better place, making more money. Blue skies ahead!

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 17 22, 1:05 pm
by heyzeus
thrill wrote: ↑
August 12 22, 10:32 am
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.
Good work dude. One of the best things anyone ever taught me was my friend, when he was like 23 and I was 22 and we were working for the same consulting company. He taught me to always keep enough "[expletive] you" money in the bank so that if your employer sucks bad enough, you can just say [expletive] you and have enough to get by for a few months. He and I were both laid off by that dumb company within the year, after September 11 and Enron destroyed their business.

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 17 22, 1:05 pm
by heyzeus
sighyoung wrote: ↑
August 13 22, 9:19 pm
My son moved out at the end of July, so my wife and I are quasi-empty nesters. My daughter returns from abroad tomorrow, but heads back to college at the end of August.

It's not bad.
Image

Re: Life changes

Posted: August 17 22, 1:53 pm
by Fat_Bulldog
G. Keenan wrote: ↑
August 17 22, 11:20 am
thrill wrote: ↑
August 12 22, 10:32 am
Quit my job today. Have a few upgrade options on the table but haven’t fully formed out my offers, but I’ve been saving for a year because of personality conflicts with the CEO. I was a very high performer so they weren’t going to fire me, but they were going to demand more than I was willing to put up with in a toxic environment. I’ve got a big enough emergency fund prepared that I could coast for 6 months without lifestyle changes, so I’m good. Feels weird though. Haven’t quit a job in 15 years.
Good for you my man. I think everyone I know who has a quit a job because the workplace environment just wasn't worth it anymore has ended up in a better place, making more money. Blue skies ahead!
Very true for me!