Page 20 of 21
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 8:44 pm
by Superorganism
Socnorb11 wrote: ↑April 19 22, 7:29 pm
Nolan Gorman with another long ball tonight, along with 3 strikeouts.
Get those walks up so we can enjoy the new Adam Dunn.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 8:46 pm
by Big Amoco Sign
Superorganism wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:44 pm
Socnorb11 wrote: ↑April 19 22, 7:29 pm
Nolan Gorman with another long ball tonight, along with 3 strikeouts.
Get those walks up so we can enjoy the new Adam Dunn.
That would be really good as Dunn had a nice career. A few 4+ WAR seasons. A SLG that sat consistently above .500.
Gorman is way faster on the base paths though. Gorman is more like a 2B O’Neill.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 8:48 pm
by Superorganism
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:46 pm
Superorganism wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:44 pm
Socnorb11 wrote: ↑April 19 22, 7:29 pm
Nolan Gorman with another long ball tonight, along with 3 strikeouts.
Get those walks up so we can enjoy the new Adam Dunn.
That would be really good as Dunn had a nice career.
Yes, lol. I realized my statement could either be an insult or a compliment depending on someone’s understanding of how a player contributes to the game. Nothing wrong with three true outcomes.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 8:50 pm
by Big Amoco Sign
InvincibleCakeEater wrote: ↑April 19 22, 7:32 pm
he should really stop hitting the ball over the outfield wall every game
He should bunt or move a runner over more! Can’t be having this kind of showboating.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 10:26 pm
by MinorLeagueGuy
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:46 pm
Superorganism wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:44 pm
Socnorb11 wrote: ↑April 19 22, 7:29 pm
Nolan Gorman with another long ball tonight, along with 3 strikeouts.
Get those walks up so we can enjoy the new Adam Dunn.
That would be really good as Dunn had a nice career. A few 4+ WAR seasons. A SLG that sat consistently above .500.
Gorman is way faster on the base paths though. Gorman is more like a 2B O’Neill.
I have never heard a lick about Gorman's speed. His hit tool is the first thing mentioned, with his defense being solid - not great. Tyler has elite speed, and Edman isn't as fast as him. So are you saying Gorman is faster than Edman? You comp'd Nolan to Uggla. Did Uggla have O'Neil-like speed? I feel like if Nolan had the speed you're giving him, he'd be a lot higher on the top 100 list.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 10:32 pm
by Superorganism
From everything I see, Gorman is given a 40 run tool on the 20-80 scale. Meaning average. I guess that’s “way faster” than 20-30 speed Adam Dunn?!
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: April 19 22, 10:43 pm
by Big Amoco Sign
MinorLeagueGuy wrote: ↑April 19 22, 10:26 pm
Big Amoco Sign wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:46 pm
Superorganism wrote: ↑April 19 22, 8:44 pm
Socnorb11 wrote: ↑April 19 22, 7:29 pm
Nolan Gorman with another long ball tonight, along with 3 strikeouts.
Get those walks up so we can enjoy the new Adam Dunn.
That would be really good as Dunn had a nice career. A few 4+ WAR seasons. A SLG that sat consistently above .500.
Gorman is way faster on the base paths though. Gorman is more like a 2B O’Neill.
I have never heard a lick about Gorman's speed. His hit tool is the first thing mentioned, with his defense being solid - not great. Tyler has elite speed, and Edman isn't as fast as him. So are you saying Gorman is faster than Edman? You comp'd Nolan to Uggla. Did Uggla have O'Neil-like speed? I feel like if Nolan had the speed you're giving him, he'd be a lot higher on the top 100 list.
I never comped Gorman to Uggla, that was Zeus.
I meant that he was like O’Neill in his discipline. Didn’t mean to confuse--I am
not saying he has O'Neill speed. You made a lot about my post that wasn't there.
I’m also not saying he’s like Adam Dunn one way or another. If you want to comp him to Dunn, back it up.
Speed wise, I’m going by his Baserunning Runs in Baseball Prospectus. Right around average. For 2021, it was about -0.3 BsR. Average for AAA. Seth Beer, for comparison was -3 BsR. It's supposed to be opportunity and park adjusted. I am not sure if it's cumulative or not. Or relative to PAs. Someone smarter than me can answer that. I am just saying, it doesn't appear that he's a statue or even close.
I’m not making any Dunn comparisons. I feel like Gorman is faster given he is playing more nimble positions than Dunn who was a tank 1B/DH/sparingly LF type. Taller and nearly 300 lbs.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: May 22 23, 6:46 pm
by WAR God
He figured it out. He demolishes baseballs.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: May 22 23, 6:52 pm
by phins
WAR God wrote: ↑May 22 23, 6:46 pm
He figured it out. He demolishes baseballs.
This is the path you’re hoping Walker takes. Gets promoted aggressively, takes his lumps, then improves.
Re: The Nolan Gorman Mega Thread
Posted: May 23 23, 5:21 am
by Famous Mortimer
Quite a few takes in this thread that have aged very poorly. What do you folks think you missed?