Re: 2022 Minor League Season
Posted: July 17 22, 9:01 am
Wholly disagree because Soto is that guy.
A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
https://gatewayredbirds.org/forum/
Yeah and Cardinals build up prospect wealth to trade them, a lot.
Add to it he has a major ground ball tendency and doesn't walk batters.
How does Tink compare to a young Carlos Martinez? Seems like similar nasty stuff to work with.phins wrote: ↑August 5 22, 6:37 amAdd to it he has a major ground ball tendency and doesn't walk batters.
Truth be told, if you were going to build a profile for a pitcher in the low-minors, it is probably this exact player that walks out of the lab. Athleticism for days, control, stuff, results, ground balls, spin metrics, pitch data.
Long way to go, and pitchers break, but this kid has gone from lottery ticket talent to "holy [expletive], I think we hit on something" in a very short time.
Pedro is one of those guys that I just do not comp too. He had a changeup that was simply breathtaking and that pitch is a true equalizer if you have the command to go with it.DeadMoney wrote: ↑August 5 22, 7:01 amHow does Tink compare to a young Carlos Martinez? Seems like similar nasty stuff to work with.phins wrote: ↑August 5 22, 6:37 amAdd to it he has a major ground ball tendency and doesn't walk batters.
Truth be told, if you were going to build a profile for a pitcher in the low-minors, it is probably this exact player that walks out of the lab. Athleticism for days, control, stuff, results, ground balls, spin metrics, pitch data.
Long way to go, and pitchers break, but this kid has gone from lottery ticket talent to "holy [expletive], I think we hit on something" in a very short time.
ClassicO
A well known publication just ranked Tink Hance the Cards 3rd best prospect, #63 overall right behind Winn at #62. Have you seen him pitch and if so, what’s your take? (I have on MiLB and he’s lights out.)
Ben Clemens
I've watched a few of his starts. I'm holding off on judgment for now because he just doesn't throw very deep into games
That's by design, it's nothing negative about him, but his longest start this year is four innings (14 BF). I don't really have a feel for how he'll do in starter innings. The curveball is super fun though.
wow