Page 3 of 4

Posted: April 24 07, 11:13 pm
by Transmogrified Tiger
If Griffey picks SLU over Mizzou, I will lose my mind.

Posted: April 24 07, 11:15 pm
by BW23
Snayke...any idea if SLU is in on a sophomore from SE MO...Michael Porter? I know SIU and MU are.

Posted: April 25 07, 6:25 am
by Radio_Bugtussle
BW23 wrote:I was going to comment on that quote, too. I really don't think SLU can compete with the defending national champions.

It's kinda like when Tyler Hansbrough chose UNC over MU. It shouldn't have even been as close as he made the decision.
In SLU's position, they must find a coach who believes he can compete with anyone in the country.

Hansbrough is at UNC mostly because Pretty Q had managed to scuttle the MU basketball program by the end of the 03-04 season.

Posted: April 25 07, 8:11 am
by BW23
Thanks, mostly, to the Clemons fiasco. Tyler waited and waited to see how things were going to turn out before making his final decision. Stupid that he even kept MU in it that long, but at least he made the right decision.

Posted: April 25 07, 10:06 am
by robbotis
KFNS is saying Majerus to SLU is a done deal.

Posted: April 25 07, 10:13 am
by GatewaySnayke
BW23 wrote:Snayke...any idea if SLU is in on a sophomore from SE MO...Michael Porter? I know SIU and MU are.
If Carbondale and Mizzou are, then SLU is probably not. The last I heard, SLU was working on a St. Louis kid, but all bets are off now that Brad is gone. I don't think Soderberg went southeast with his recruiting much. Eight of the players were in the St. Louis area.

Posted: April 25 07, 10:16 am
by GatewaySnayke
Transmogrified Tiger wrote:If Griffey picks SLU over Mizzou, I will lose my mind.
I'm torn actually.

Maybe Matt Lawrence can convince Griffey to keep the Lafayette connection strong.

EDIT: More complaining on my part...Roundtree was named the P-D Player of the Year. Thank gosh Soderberg didn't go after him. Actually, if he would have got him he probably would've put Meyer at center and Roundtree at forward. Gotta have those 6'5" horses matching up against the big guys on the court.

Posted: April 25 07, 10:34 am
by BW23
GatewaySnayke wrote:
BW23 wrote:Snayke...any idea if SLU is in on a sophomore from SE MO...Michael Porter? I know SIU and MU are.
If Carbondale and Mizzou are, then SLU is probably not. The last I heard, SLU was working on a St. Louis kid, but all bets are off now that Brad is gone. I don't think Soderberg went southeast with his recruiting much. Eight of the players were in the St. Louis area.
The question wasn't really fair anyway since there's a change in coaching. Maybe Majerus would be interested. He's playing with the St. Louis Eagles, but then the Eagles don't really play in St. Louis much.

Posted: April 26 07, 8:07 am
by longhornbaseball
If it doesn't happen by tomorrow it probably doesn't happen.

Posted: April 26 07, 11:57 am
by TimeForGuinness
longhornbaseball wrote:If it doesn't happen by tomorrow it probably doesn't happen.
It's been done before Brad was fired, just drumming up publicity now.