4-28 Post Game Thread

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
User avatar
stretch
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3966
Joined: May 8 06, 8:26 pm
Location: Joplin, MO

Post by stretch »

Brodie wrote:boobies


after the last 2 games a good word just needed to be said

-Brodie
I like that word and your avatar.

User avatar
cabby7588
All-Star
Posts: 2970
Joined: June 6 06, 9:26 pm
Contact:

Post by cabby7588 »

Capt_Morgan wrote:anyone here ready to panic yet

i am
Capt, if you want to start the panic thread and freak out, I'm totally down for it

User avatar
stlmark
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4089
Joined: January 20 07, 1:57 am
Location: redbirdsnation

Post by stlmark »

Kyle wrote:This is pretty much what I expected. Zambrano always owns us, and there wasn't much reason for me to believe it wouldn't continue.

This is why last night's loss is so frustrating. Rich Hill is going to kill this team tomorrow.
Yes but it's Sunday.

Seriously, I don't think it matters tomorrow. We are facing a lefty, so we are bound to lose.

Reverse Psychology. [-o<

User avatar
Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
Posts: 15528
Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by Jmodene »

Joe Wells wrote:
Capt_Morgan wrote:
thrill wrote:I'm not going to panic because I knew this team could be bad going in.

Still plenty of time. Can't be on top forever.
but, i would have expected the world champions to come out trying to play like world champs
1983 79 83 .488 11.0
1986 79 82 .491 28.5
1988 76 86 .469 25.0

Sometimes World Champs (and NL Champs) come back to the pack. Over the past 7 seasons we've enjoyed the Cardinals most prolific stretch since WWII. I know it's still early, but I don't have a problem with treating this as a rebuilding year, if that's how it turns out.

Just thought I'd mention that those 3 seasons following an NL pennant with a sub-.500 season all came under Herzog...

We've also done it under Street (1932) and Schoendienst (1965).

DynamicDynamite
Veteran Player
Posts: 806
Joined: December 11 06, 9:23 pm

Post by DynamicDynamite »

Kyle wrote:This is pretty much what I expected. Zambrano always owns us, and there wasn't much reason for me to believe it wouldn't continue.

This is why last night's loss is so frustrating. Rich Hill is going to kill this team tomorrow.
now that will be interesting... Sunday... the one day we have had no problem scoring runs... now though we get a lefty who has been lights out for the better part of the season...

which gives first? I dont want to think...

User avatar
Phyrkrakr
All-Star
Posts: 1514
Joined: January 15 07, 2:51 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by Phyrkrakr »

I just wanted to point this out, then back to grieving for Hancock.

Carlos Zambrano, who is tied for the NL lead in walks, didn't walk a single Cardinal yesterday. Plate discipline, anyone?

Post Reply