Page 3 of 24
Posted: April 29 07, 9:53 am
by jim
Unbelievable.
Just yesterday I was thinking his efforts might just save the bullpen and give us a good chance tonight, and this.
Posted: April 29 07, 9:53 am
by clake
Man, coming up w/ the right words to say is hard right now.
RIP Josh.
Posted: April 29 07, 9:53 am
by Joe Wells
Words simply fail. 29 years old. I'm sitting here trying to think of something else to say, but the screen is getting blurry...
Posted: April 29 07, 10:03 am
by Ace
Joe Wells wrote:Words simply fail. 29 years old. I'm sitting here trying to think of something else to say, but the screen is getting blurry...
I didn't know he was that young.

Posted: April 29 07, 10:04 am
by Capt_Morgan
i like to smash this f**king guy head in
never will i ever go on
CARDTALK ever again
http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=452607
the question does need to be asked.
If this turns out to be a case of being killed by a drunk driver, does anyone know the whereabouts of Tony LaRussa or Leonard Little in that time frame?
R.I.P.
Posted: April 29 07, 10:05 am
by fanforever
Cory lidle and Josh hancock both pitched they day before they died.....
Just sad....
Posted: April 29 07, 10:06 am
by Ace
Its amazing how ignorant people are.
From a Cubs poster:
No game tonight ? ... well, that's about right for the Cubs.
Ridiculous.
This should be a St Louis forfeit.
Does everyone get A's on their report card too ?
Posted: April 29 07, 10:07 am
by jim
I always like Hancock. He seemed like the type of guy that would do anything for the team, and did.
He will definitely be missed. My thoughts and prayers certainly go out to his family.
Posted: April 29 07, 10:07 am
by Bo Hart
Sports > Cardinals > Story
Hancock shows up late
By Rick Hummel
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
04/27/2007
Reliever Josh Hancock, after pitching three innings on Tuesday, probably wasn't going to appear in Thursday's game, but he almost didn't make it, anyway.
Hancock admitted he had overslept on his new comfortable bed, and thinking the game was starting later than it was (12:10 p.m.), didn't get up until the "20th call" he received from anxious teammates.
With righthander Darryl Kile dying before a game in Chicago five years ago, the Cardinals don't take it lightly when a player doesn't show up at the park on time.
Reliever Jason Isringhausen, the only pitcher still on the club who played with Kile here, said, "(Hancock's) phone always shuts off. Everybody was trying to reach him. That's why it's so different here because of what happened with Darryl. So everybody worries. That's got more to do with it than oversleeping.
"We were all a little nervous. We don't care if you're late. That happens. We want to know that you're OK."
That is from the Post-Dispatch. It was posted over at NSBB.
That is truly bizarre. TWO DAYS old...
Posted: April 29 07, 10:08 am
by clevername
yeah, I thought I'd go over there and see how some of the folks who stayed behind were reacting. I saw that thread and decided it wasn't worth it.
This opens so many wounds that hadn't healed yet...just a few days ago the entire team was reminded of what happened with DK and now this happens all over again.