I Saw Juan E. Today

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
cardfaninfla
Everyday Player
Posts: 239
Joined: December 13 06, 5:56 pm

Post by cardfaninfla »

It isn't a matter of if they want to call him up. He is on a rehab assignment, they have to bring him up unless they put him back on the DL.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Post by Fat Strat »

When did his rehab assigment start? A player can be on rehab for 21 days. I'm not sure when he was put on rehab, but he's only played 6 games for Springfield. He's got awhile yet to work on his swing before the club's hand is forced.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43295
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by heyzeus »

2-26 at Springfield.

Oh Juan. Why must you taunt us.

User avatar
Jmodene
Still waiting for someone to use a Weird Al song
Posts: 15528
Joined: April 18 06, 5:54 pm
Location: Las Vegas, NV

Post by Jmodene »

Fla is correct. But - for position players, the rehab time allowed is only 15 days; it's 21 days for pitchers.

Thus, after 15 days, the Cards must either activate Encarnacion or put him back on the DL. How long he has to be disabled before they can try another rehab assignment, I don't know.

Another complicating factor, of course, is his agent - depending on how big a jerk the guy is (I don't know who his agent is), the agent could file a grievance if Encarnacion isn't activated at the end of the 15 days.

Addendum - found it - Cot's actually lists who a player's agent is - and in Juan E.'s case, it's somebody named Michael Moline, of whom I've never heard.

Post Reply