5-02-07 Game Thread: Cardinals at Brewers @ 12.05pm CDT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Locked
User avatar
EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: May 7 06, 11:31 pm

Post by EastonBlues22 »

It also deserves mention in passing how ridiculously bad our lineup is against lefties:

Bench players hitting 1,5,6,7...and all of them are likely to be in the .620-.720 OPS range as righties. Sadly, Wilson is hardly an upgrade either at this point...although Molina would be(!) if Reyes wasn't pitching.

Yikes.

User avatar
EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: May 7 06, 11:31 pm

Post by EastonBlues22 »

AJ wrote:
EastonBlues22 wrote:
greenback44 wrote:Where's Preston Wilson?
Getting every minute of the playing time he's earned.
The best contact hes made all season is when he slammed his bat into the ground a few games ago.
Hah! Those were pretty much my exactly thoughts when I watched him do it!

:lol:

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Michael »

I know it's early but if we go 7.5 games down winning the division is going to be real tough.

User avatar
EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: May 7 06, 11:31 pm

Post by EastonBlues22 »

Well...so far Jim the early returns on Reyes are positive.

User avatar
Cronos
In perpetuum
Posts: 34778
Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
Location: St. Louis

Post by Cronos »

Why are the Brewers making it so easy on Reyes?

Did they have 2 or was it 3 bunt attempts so far?

Also, I believe with Pujols' hit in the first that's an 11 game hit streak for him, am I right?

User avatar
EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: May 7 06, 11:31 pm

Post by EastonBlues22 »

Michael wrote:I know it's early but if we go 7.5 games down winning the division is going to be real tough.
That would certainly allow us to market ourselves to Clemens as this year's Astros...since the Astros are neck and neck with us at the bottom of the heap.

AJ

Post by AJ »

Cronos69 wrote:Why are the Brewers making it so easy on Reyes?

Did they have 2 or was it 3 bunt attempts so far?

Also, I believe with Pujols' hit in the first that's an 11 game hit streak for him, am I right?
The last two games were too easy, I think Yost gave them a challenge, see if you can win without swinging the bat.

User avatar
Phyrkrakr
All-Star
Posts: 1514
Joined: January 15 07, 2:51 pm
Location: St. Louis

Post by Phyrkrakr »

Phyrkrakr wrote:Capuano just got pulled after taking a hot shot off the knee from Aaron Miles.
And I was wrong. It was the last out, they checked him out, and now he's back out there.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Post by Michael »

Phyrkrakr wrote:
Phyrkrakr wrote:Capuano just got pulled after taking a hot shot off the knee from Aaron Miles.
And I was wrong. It was the last out, they checked him out, and now he's back out there.

Not surprising. How hot can a "hot shot" from Miles be?

User avatar
EastonBlues22
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4798
Joined: May 7 06, 11:31 pm

Post by EastonBlues22 »

Michael wrote:
Phyrkrakr wrote:
Phyrkrakr wrote:Capuano just got pulled after taking a hot shot off the knee from Aaron Miles.
And I was wrong. It was the last out, they checked him out, and now he's back out there.

Not surprising. How hot can a "hot shot" from Miles be?
Probably like having a croquet shot run up on you.

Locked