Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

A forum for non-baseball sports
Brodie
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 6190
Joined: April 24 06, 7:45 am
Location: Snow
Contact:

Post by Brodie »

StL Dan wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc33OFS3 ... ed&search=

1:25 - Brad Smith

2:21 - Bad Brad Smith runnin' on the Pink Skirts

2:34 - The REAL Black Shirts upn yo face

2:46 - Fakey works to perfection

3:00 - STIFF ARM
Not to brag or anything...But I was at that game, best football game I have ever been to, and it was cold and raining the whole time

-Brodie

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Post by StL Dan »

Brodie wrote:
StL Dan wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc33OFS3 ... ed&search=

1:25 - Brad Smith

2:21 - Bad Brad Smith runnin' on the Pink Skirts

2:34 - The REAL Black Shirts upn yo face

2:46 - Fakey works to perfection

3:00 - STIFF ARM
Not to brag or anything...But I was at that game, best football game I have ever been to, and it was cold and raining the whole time

-Brodie
Not a thing in the world wrong with bragging about being at that game, imo! :cool:

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

I was in the press box for the Brad Smith show. A husband/wife duo from some Nebraska newspaper were in the row behind me. They were beaming as the fourth quarter started.

I took a look back at 'em after the throwback to B. Smith. They were a curious shade of yellow-gray.

Last I saw of 'em was on the elevator. They looked like they belonged in one of thos Southwest Airlines "Wanna Get Away?" ads.

After the game, Gary Pinkel's dry wit surfaced in the press conference. His first words were: "I had no idea that would cause such a commotion...."

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony
Posts: 8508
Joined: June 26 06, 3:07 pm

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by maddash »

RC21 wrote:
maddash wrote:Growing up in Illinois, I was never really a big fan of collegiate sport teams from Missouri, so this is a play I enjoy mostly for that reason:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHceOvR464s
I could've sworn it was going to be Matt Davidson's catch for Nebraska in '97.
That play is up there as well, but I couldn't find a YouTube clip of it.

Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ

User avatar
Radio_Bugtussle
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3450
Joined: July 26 06, 9:51 am
Location: Searching for the perfect microbrew

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by Radio_Bugtussle »

maddash wrote:
Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ
..and the Buffs didn't score on fifth down either. :oops:

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by StL Dan »

Radio_Bugtussle wrote:
maddash wrote:
Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ
..and the Buffs didn't score on fifth down either. :oops:
Precisely.

"CJ" did not cross the goal line.

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony
Posts: 8508
Joined: June 26 06, 3:07 pm

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by maddash »

StL Dan wrote:
Radio_Bugtussle wrote:
maddash wrote:
Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ
..and the Buffs didn't score on fifth down either. :oops:
Precisely.

"CJ" did not cross the goal line.
Yeah, you guys keep telling yourself that. :P

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by StL Dan »

maddash wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
Radio_Bugtussle wrote:
maddash wrote:
Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ
..and the Buffs didn't score on fifth down either. :oops:
Precisely.

"CJ" did not cross the goal line.
Yeah, you guys keep telling yourself that. :P
I don't have to tell myself...the replay says it all.

maddash
is eerily well-versed on Project Runway and irony
Posts: 8508
Joined: June 26 06, 3:07 pm

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by maddash »

StL Dan wrote:
maddash wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
Radio_Bugtussle wrote:
maddash wrote:
Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ
..and the Buffs didn't score on fifth down either. :oops:
Precisely.

"CJ" did not cross the goal line.
Yeah, you guys keep telling yourself that. :P
I don't have to tell myself...the replay says it all.
Oh, I don't dispute that CJ didn't technically cross the goal line.... but stating that point is like still trying to argue that Worrell beat Orta to first.
:wink:

User avatar
StL Dan
banned
Posts: 8159
Joined: June 14 06, 9:40 pm
Location: St. Louis in spirit

Re: Plays you enjoy out of pure spite

Post by StL Dan »

maddash wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
maddash wrote:
StL Dan wrote:
Radio_Bugtussle wrote:
maddash wrote:
Although, this is another play that makes me smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQJT8q0MMwQ
..and the Buffs didn't score on fifth down either. :oops:
Precisely.

"CJ" did not cross the goal line.
Yeah, you guys keep telling yourself that. :P
I don't have to tell myself...the replay says it all.
Oh, I don't dispute that CJ didn't technically cross the goal line.... but stating that point is like still trying to argue that Worrell beat Orta to first.
:wink:
In some ways, yes. But it's not the same.

Orta was eventually out at third...had no affect on the final score.

Charles Johnson SCORED A FRIGGIN' TD THAT WON THE EFFIN GAME.

Post Reply