HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by lukethedrifter »

Popeye_Card wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:damn i wish we had an outdoor stadium
Isn't that the truth. I have zero desire to go watch the Rams play in a dome. I'm not a Rams fan, but I would go watch a few games if they were at least outside.

--P--

Not only that but the dome could possibly be the worst place to watch a football game. Unless tickets are given to me I won't even think about going and then its still a maybe.
It will probably be the last fixed-dome stadium (for football or baseball) built in the US.

--P--
That's St Louis, always on the cutting edge

User avatar
Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster
Posts: 31033
Joined: April 17 06, 11:25 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Popeye_Card »

lukethedrifter wrote: That's St Louis, always on the cutting edge
To our credit, no one else has a 600 foot "sculpture" that defines it's skyline quite like St. Louis. We've at least got that going for us.

--P--

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by thrill »

Good move. Only 29 million or so is guaranteed. If he can't stay healthy, they'll just cut him loose.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by GatewaySnayke »

The Ed is awesome and winters in St. Louis suck. I would have no desire to attend an outdoor football game in November or December. I won't go to Faurot to watch the Tigers unless the weather is good. Plus, The Ed is largely responsible for why the team won a Super Bowl and two NFC championships.

User avatar
Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer
Posts: 9323
Joined: April 25 06, 6:07 pm
Location: Across the River

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

GatewaySnayke wrote:The Ed is awesome and winters in St. Louis suck. I would have no desire to attend an outdoor football game in November or December. I won't go to Faurot to watch the Tigers unless the weather is good. Plus, The Ed is largely responsible for why the team won a Super Bowl and two NFC championships.
Weak sauce, man. Those are the games you remember, and we're talking about St. Louis, it doesn't get that bad weather-wise.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by GatewaySnayke »

I'm an absolute wuss for cold weather. I have lived in this state my entire life and have never gotten used to it. Ever.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by AdmiralKird »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote: Weak sauce, man. Those are the games you remember, and we're talking about St. Louis, it doesn't get that bad weather-wise.
After walking all over SLU's campus in the wintery frigid air, every morning, day, and night, I must say: You can go to hell :wink: Infact, I'll go too. It's gotta be better down there than a Saint Louis winter.

Simbagal23
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: March 7 07, 7:55 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Simbagal23 »

Well, it sure feels a hell of a lot colder when your team is getting their butts whipped! I sat through many of a crummy Big Red loss while freezing my arse off. When I still lived in STL and shared season tix to the Rams games, I enjoyed tailgating in the cold, then heading into a warm Dome to watch the game. I don't mind the Dome one bit.....would I rather it be a retractable roof? Sure, but beggars can't be chosers. We were without a team for so long, I'm rather pleased how things ended up.

I think it's a sin that ATL has a Dome for the Falcons??? Good grief.

User avatar
GatewaySnayke
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11923
Joined: July 23 06, 11:54 pm
Location: GatewaySnaykebird

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by GatewaySnayke »

Well, I went to watch the Rams play the 49ers on Christmas Eve of 2005 and the weather was quite mild that day. In fact, it was pretty mild last year, too. Anyways, I can take 40-45, but if it's in the 30s, I'm not staying long at all.

Simbagal23
All-Star
Posts: 1949
Joined: March 7 07, 7:55 am

Re: HOLY @#$ Is Bulger worth $62.5m?

Post by Simbagal23 »

GatewaySnayke wrote:Well, I went to watch the Rams play the 49ers on Christmas Eve of 2005 and the weather was quite mild that day. In fact, it was pretty mild last year, too. Anyways, I can take 40-45, but if it's in the 30s, I'm not staying long at all.
I was at that game, too. Three and a half wasted hours of my life that I would like back. plllttth.

(But I still love my Rams!)

Post Reply