Page 3 of 74
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 11:02 am
by cards2468
Swingingbunt wrote:cards2468 wrote:
My predicted lineup:
2b Lugo
3b DeRosa
1b Pujols
LF Holliday
RF Ludwick
C Molina
CF Rasmus
SS Ryan
P Pineiro
I like it, except that I'd put Colby in front of Albert, and DeRosa in the 5 or 6 spot. That's minor though.
Rasmus still hasn't gotten back into his "groove" for hitting, and I doubt he finds it tonight against a lefty. That's why I'm sticking with the hot bats around Pujols.
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 11:10 am
by Swingingbunt
cards2468 wrote:Rasmus still hasn't gotten back into his "groove" for hitting, and I doubt he finds it tonight against a lefty. That's why I'm sticking with the hot bats around Pujols.
Completely understand. I just think he'd get more pitches to hit in front of Pujols, Holliday, DeRosa, and Ludwick than he would in front of Ryan and the pitcher.
Like I said though, we're splitting hairs. The lineup should score runs.

Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 11:12 am
by Hungary Jack
The only pitcher hotter than Kershaw right now might be Pinata. Should be a great matchup.
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 11:31 am
by Ace
Big test for Piniero tonight, Manny Ramirez 13-29 with 4 HR in his career against Joel.
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 12:14 pm
by PujolJunkie
Pitching matchups don't get a whole lot better than this.
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 3:50 pm
by Jocephus
Yes, the headline is correct. Ryan Ludwick will play center field tonight as Tony La Russa fields an all-righthanded-hitting lineup against standout Dodgers lefty Sandy Kouf … er, Clayton Kershaw.
Lefty swingers Rick Ankiel (groin strain) and Colby Rasmus (in a 2-for-30 rut) weren’t sensible picks for tonight’s lineup. So, The Skipper opted to shift Ludwick over to center field, and he rewarded Nick Stavinoha for his pinch-hit double off a lefty reliever last night with a start in right field.
The Cards’ lineup:
1. Julio Lugo, 2B
2. Mark DeRosa, 3B
3. Albert Pujols, 1B
4. Matt Holliday, LF
5. Ryan Ludwick, CF
6. Nick Stavinoha, RF
7. Yadier Molina, C
8. Brendan Ryan, SS
9. Joel Pineiro, P
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/commis ... ed-lineup/
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 3:54 pm
by PujolJunkie
When did Ankiel strain his groin?
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 3:58 pm
by TabascoElvis
robbotis wrote:So, w/ the new lineup, will La Russa put Ludwick or Holloday in center to get Stavinhoa in against the lefty?
I'd play Rasmus, but I'm not the manager.
Who knew TLR was following robbotis' posting. Impressive.

Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 4:02 pm
by Cronos
Kershaw's been phenomenal.
And though an all right-handed hitting lineup might help a little, it won't be by much: Lefties are OPSing .482 against Kershaw this year while righties are OPSing .682.
That said, I have a strange feeling Albert wakes up and goes MANG all over Clayton tonight.
Re: GDT 7/29/09-Dodgers(Kershaw) at Cardinals (Piñeiro) 7:15
Posted: July 29 09, 4:08 pm
by Faceman
Cronos69 wrote:Kershaw's been phenomenal.
And though an all right-handed hitting lineup might help a little, it won't be by much: Lefties are OPSing .482 against Kershaw this year while righties are OPSing .682.
That said, I have a strange feeling Albert wakes up and goes MANG all over Clayton tonight.
I don't know about you, but that looks like a huge difference to me. . .