Page 3 of 211

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 10:41 am
by TimeForGuinness
The MLS is still a retirement home for European club players...

...but the MLS is going to get better before it gets worse.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 11:33 am
by thrill
TimeForGuinness wrote:The MLS is still a retirement home for European club players...

...but the MLS is going to get better before it gets worse.
It's a feeder league of young talent and last stop for stars.

Aka, the same thing as every league in the world not name La Liga, EPL or Serie A.

Henry has the tools to be a force for a few years still. He's more himself than Beckham, Ljungberg and Blanco were/are.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 11:35 am
by JackofDiamonds
I went to the Galaxy @ Revolutions game on Saturday. The World Cup has spoiled me... still a good time. I'll probably get season tickets for next year.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 11:42 am
by TimeForGuinness
thrill wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:The MLS is still a retirement home for European club players...

...but the MLS is going to get better before it gets worse.
It's a feeder league of young talent and last stop for stars.

Aka, the same thing as every league in the world not name La Liga, EPL or Serie A.

Henry has the tools to be a force for a few years still. He's more himself than Beckham, Ljungberg and Blanco were/are.
++

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 11:49 am
by TimeForGuinness
JackofDiamonds wrote:I went to the Galaxy @ Revolutions game on Saturday. The World Cup has spoiled me... still a good time. I'll probably get season tickets for next year.
If St. Louis ever got a team, I would be a season ticket holder for life. If we don't make it as the 20th team, it looks like a long decade until MLS expands again...I guess I'll have to be happy with D-2 soccer at Soccer Park (ugh).

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 12:05 pm
by Fat Strat
I would follow a StL club, too. No doubt about it.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 12:05 pm
by thrill
KC, bros. Get with the Wiz.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 12:13 pm
by TimeForGuinness
thrill wrote:KC, bros. Get with the Wiz.
That's a long commute.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 12:18 pm
by thrill
TimeForGuinness wrote:
thrill wrote:KC, bros. Get with the Wiz.
That's a long commute.
I'm going to a Sounders game next month. I want to like them and I think going to a game will seal the deal.

Re: General Soccer Thread

Posted: July 14 10, 10:49 pm
by MrSaigon
thrill wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:
thrill wrote:KC, bros. Get with the Wiz.
That's a long commute.
I'm going to a Sounders game next month. I want to like them and I think going to a game will seal the deal.
In Seattle? They play in the Seahawks stadium which is really nice. They lead the league in attendance. I think the Portland/Seattle rivalry should be good. Two former NASL squads.

A question I asked before, though. Is the MLS expanding too quickly?