Clay had 2-1/2 sacks but was pretty non-existent the rest of the game. As was the entire defense. We either really miss Bishop or just really suck. Starting to wonder if old Dom might not know wtf he's doing up there. This was pathetic. Maybe SF's offense is a little better than we thought? Our D and offensive line have taken about 4-5 games to really start clicking the past few years (okay, the D never did last year) so I'm hoping this won't be something we have to live with all season. The Cedric Benson era is off to a great start!
Richie Allen wrote:Clay had 2-1/2 sacks but was pretty non-existent the rest of the game. As was the entire defense. We either really miss Bishop or just really suck. Starting to wonder if old Dom might not know wtf he's doing up there. This was pathetic. Maybe SF's offense is a little better than we thought? Our D and offensive line have taken about 4-5 games to really start clicking the past few years (okay, the D never did last year) so I'm hoping this won't be something we have to live with all season. The Cedric Benson era is off to a great start!
I started wondering that a long time ago. As for benson, I'll give him a break. 49ers D is tough. He sure as hell should be better than grant/starks.
Richie Allen wrote:Clay had 2-1/2 sacks but was pretty non-existent the rest of the game. As was the entire defense. We either really miss Bishop or just really suck. Starting to wonder if old Dom might not know wtf he's doing up there. This was pathetic. Maybe SF's offense is a little better than we thought? Our D and offensive line have taken about 4-5 games to really start clicking the past few years (okay, the D never did last year) so I'm hoping this won't be something we have to live with all season. The Cedric Benson era is off to a great start!
I started wondering that a long time ago. As for benson, I'll give him a break. 49ers D is tough. He sure as hell should be better than grant/starks.
Grant and Starks always surprised me by being a little better than I thought they should be. But, yes, we'll give Cedric another chance.
They definitely outplayed us all day and deserved to win but that [expletive] 63 yard field goal at the end of the half just killed what little morale we had left. Felt like we were done right there.