Oscar Taveras

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
Post Reply
User avatar
cards2468
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 14745
Joined: October 28 06, 11:10 pm
Location: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by cards2468 »

phins wrote:Special talents can often skip AAA altogether. He's the second youngest player in the league I believe (I think Profar is youngest).

It won't hurt his progression either way, and I'd just let him play with Wong personally (I know, I know).
With the kind of bond guys like Craig, Descalso and Jay seem to have, I wouldn't mind trying to keep guys together. They make "chemistry" seem like it's almost a real thing.

jerbyrd25
Everyday Player
Posts: 364
Joined: May 4 10, 6:05 am

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by jerbyrd25 »

cards2468 wrote:
phins wrote:Special talents can often skip AAA altogether. He's the second youngest player in the league I believe (I think Profar is youngest).

It won't hurt his progression either way, and I'd just let him play with Wong personally (I know, I know).
With the kind of bond guys like Craig, Descalso and Jay seem to have, I wouldn't mind trying to keep guys together. They make "chemistry" seem like it's almost a real thing.

Mo said as much too about keeping them all together in AA.

Fat Strat
Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
Posts: 28010
Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by Fat Strat »

Well, you really can't ignore the bond that happened between Craig, Descalso, and Jay. It's very obvious. Hard to read anything into it, but you have to wonder if it helped them all make it and reach the absolute highest projections of their MLB production. I don't have a problem with all of them staying at AA together.

jerbyrd25
Everyday Player
Posts: 364
Joined: May 4 10, 6:05 am

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by jerbyrd25 »

Fat Strat wrote:Well, you really can't ignore the bond that happened between Craig, Descalso, and Jay. It's very obvious. Hard to read anything into it, but you have to wonder if it helped them all make it and reach the absolute highest projections of their MLB production. I don't have a problem with all of them staying at AA together.

I also hope the same can be said for Kelly and Miller, with Kelly in the bigs now.

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by fanforever »

Derrick Goold ‏@dgoold

Futures Game OF Taveras put a shot off scoreboard and put another in the fountain during his BP round

phins
Sobbing quietly during Fox programming
Posts: 12082
Joined: June 9 06, 3:51 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by phins »

Read that Rymer Liriano and Oscar Tavares had the best BP sessions of any player.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by go birds »

@Kevin_Goldstein: Only during Oscar Taveras. RT @harrypav: @Kevin_Goldstein did you achieve a transcendental state during that BP session?

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by go birds »

@Kevin_Goldstein: I wish I could get an estimate on hitting the bottom of the CF scoreboard. Taveras did that yesterday.

User avatar
go birds
-go birds
Posts: 32057
Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by go birds »

@Kevin_Goldstein: Projects as good RF. RT @chip42180: @ProfessorParks @Kevin_Goldstein how is Oscar Taveras' defense progressing?



Sorry if you guys already follow goldstein--I just assume that not everyone here has twitter.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you
Posts: 50393
Joined: May 1 06, 2:41 pm

Re: Oscar Taveras

Post by jim »

I am dying to see this guy play. I've read so much about him, sat with a Cards scout on a flight back from Florida a couple of weeks ago who just gushed over this guy. 330/382/589 in AA at the age of 20.

As far as keeping guys together as they advance to keep them comfortable, I don't think it's a terrible idea as long as it's reasonable.

Post Reply