Page 21 of 22

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 22 12, 9:22 pm
by Freed Roger
I forget the OT rules. So now that they both have possessed, its' sudden death FG wins it?

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 22 12, 9:27 pm
by greenback44
Kyle Williams is not having a good day. He can take pride in destroying Twitter however.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 22 12, 9:33 pm
by MrSaigon
I hope that Indianapolis is an acceptable place for Eli Manning to play the Super Bowl.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 22 12, 9:35 pm
by Cronos
This arrangement worked out well 4 years ago. Hopefully it can again.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 22 12, 9:48 pm
by vinsanity
New England is only opening as 3.5 point favorites.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 22 12, 10:32 pm
by Cronos
I'm rather impressed by Eli Manning. He's like the the opposite of his brother (most of Peyton's career): okay in the regular season, another-level-good in the playoffs.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 23 12, 10:12 am
by lukethedrifter
Cronos wrote:I'm rather impressed by Eli Manning. He's like the the opposite of his brother (most of Peyton's career): okay in the regular season, another-level-good in the playoffs.
Eli took a mother [expletive] pounding and hung in there and got it done.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 23 12, 11:39 am
by vinsanity
lukethedrifter wrote:
Cronos wrote:I'm rather impressed by Eli Manning. He's like the the opposite of his brother (most of Peyton's career): okay in the regular season, another-level-good in the playoffs.
Eli took a mother [expletive] pounding and hung in there and got it done.
Defense helps...SF converted 1 3rd down.

Not to take anything away from Eli at all. He made some very heads up plays, did a good job protecting the football and finding open receivers. I just think the Colts' playoff woes have as much to do with terrible defense.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 23 12, 1:00 pm
by lukethedrifter
vinsanity wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:
Cronos wrote:I'm rather impressed by Eli Manning. He's like the the opposite of his brother (most of Peyton's career): okay in the regular season, another-level-good in the playoffs.
Eli took a mother [expletive] pounding and hung in there and got it done.
Defense helps...SF converted 1 3rd down.

Not to take anything away from Eli at all. He made some very heads up plays, did a good job protecting the football and finding open receivers. I just think the Colts' playoff woes have as much to do with terrible defense.
I'm not following.

My point is simple. Eli played a terrific game despite, or should I say, when you factor in the pounding he took. Eli did not win the game himself. The Giants D was very good. Kyle Williams was not. Etc.

Re: 2011/12 NFL Playoffs

Posted: January 23 12, 2:57 pm
by vinsanity
lukethedrifter wrote:My point is simple. Eli played a terrific game despite, or should I say, when you factor in the pounding he took. Eli did not win the game himself. The Giants D was very good. Kyle Williams was not. Etc.
We agreed.

I guess my reply was more directed at Cronos' supposition that Eli has been the 'opposite' of Peyton, implying Peyton has just been 'ok' in the playoffs. Eli has been very good this year. I think he made some brilliant throws and check downs and showed a lot of poise.

I was suggesting Peyton has been pretty damn good in the playoffs as well (despite the big INT everyone remembers from the NO game) just doesn't have the W/L respect because of a porous defense.