Page 21 of 528
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 9 14, 11:31 am
by Jocephus
Radbird wrote:planet p wrote:Radbird wrote:Damn it. Now I want Wendy's chili. And I don't even particularly like it.
Skyline chili is awesome. Broke it out in honor of OT.
Every city seems to have a local food that is either loved or hated. Just like Imos for us, it seems to be Skyline for Cincy.
We made it from a seasoning packet someone sent us. It was horrid, but I'll reserve judgment until can visit and try the real thing.
1:22
Comment From Joey Chestnut
Best hotdogs in the majors?
1:22
Dan Szymborski:
Milwaukee if brats are allowed.
1:22
Dan Szymborski:
Worst is Cincinnati.
1:22
Dan Szymborski:
OH GOD THE CINCINNATI CHILI
1:23
Dan Szymborski:
And to call that gray dog penis hot dog a coney should have the ghost of Nathan Handwerker haunting the Skyline CEO.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 11 14, 2:08 pm
by Freed Roger
It still blows me away that you can tour the streets of Brazil from a computer
https://www.google.com/maps/views/stree ... eets?gl=us
Almost every abode is fenced and/or barred up.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 11 14, 3:38 pm
by cardsfansince82
I've been constantly getting eye expletived by women 10-20 years older than me at work and it is starting to creep me out.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 11 14, 3:47 pm
by Fat_Bulldog
cardsfansince82 wrote:I've been constantly getting eye expletived by women 10-20 years older than me at work and it is starting to creep me out.
Embrace that [expletive].
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 11 14, 4:43 pm
by lukethedrifter
Humblebrag
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 11 14, 8:31 pm
by cardsfansince82
Nothing to brag about at all, or embrace for that matter. I wouldn't have a problem going the older route (and have before) if there was something there to find attractive, but there just isn't. 100 out of 100 people who saw me with one of these women in public would assume it was a mother with her adult son. Nothing else would make any logical sense now matter how enlightened your view is on relationships. I would never claim to be all that good looking, but come on. I'm 31 (could pass for much younger) and in decent shape and these women are 50+ and look every bit of it. It's [expletive] weird.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 11 14, 8:55 pm
by JCShutout
sighyoung wrote:One more thing. I feel badly because I have an open-door policy, and told my students in this one class that I would read every draft they submitted to me and give feedback, and that I would be flexible working with them if they felt overwhelmed or uncertain or needed additional time. I read two drafts per paper with one student in the class. So it's not as if I were Tyrannosaurus Rex in the classroom or outside of it. But for that reason, if they choose to plagiarize, they fail. Sadly, I could have taught them a lot.
I know I'm months behind on this post, but I just don't get plagiarism. Just read the text and have an opinion. If you use a secondary source to help you understand the text, just cite it. Then find some way to analyze it and compare and contrast it to some appropriate theory/discipline/etc. Its not hard. Your prof will even help point you in a direction if you ask for help. Just read and think.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 12 14, 7:24 am
by redbirdjazzz
JCShutout wrote:sighyoung wrote:One more thing. I feel badly because I have an open-door policy, and told my students in this one class that I would read every draft they submitted to me and give feedback, and that I would be flexible working with them if they felt overwhelmed or uncertain or needed additional time. I read two drafts per paper with one student in the class. So it's not as if I were Tyrannosaurus Rex in the classroom or outside of it. But for that reason, if they choose to plagiarize, they fail. Sadly, I could have taught them a lot.
I know I'm months behind on this post, but I just don't get plagiarism. Just read the text and have an opinion. If you use a secondary source to help you understand the text, just cite it. Then find some way to analyze it and compare and contrast it to some appropriate theory/discipline/etc. Its not hard. Your prof will even help point you in a direction if you ask for help.
Just read and think.
You say that like it's easy (granted, it should be). Far too many of the students whose work I graded clearly never learned how to think or read critically.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 16 14, 8:50 pm
by Radbird
cardsfansince82 wrote:Nothing to brag about at all, or embrace for that matter. I wouldn't have a problem going the older route (and have before) if there was something there to find attractive, but there just isn't. 100 out of 100 people who saw me with one of these women in public would assume it was a mother with her adult son. Nothing else would make any logical sense now matter how enlightened your view is on relationships. I would never claim to be all that good looking, but come on. I'm 31 (could pass for much younger) and in decent shape and these women are 50+ and look every bit of it. It's [expletive] weird.
50+ is hot. But then I've always been attracted to younger women.
Re: Random musings
Posted: June 19 14, 9:51 pm
by docellis
I wonder if you are subconsciously putting something out there for them.