Page 21 of 43

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 2:18 pm
by Socnorb11
At this point I hope the Patriots win the Super Bowl, because then neither team will get credit.

"Patriots won, but they're cheaters"

"Seahawks lost, even if the Patriots are cheaters"



If the Seahawks win, I'm afraid that we're going to hear about how they restored justice for the entire sporting world. Blech.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 2:19 pm
by Jocephus
i agree that the narrative will suck either way..in both victory and defeat.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 3:07 pm
by mikechamp
I will always root against the Patriots.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 3:26 pm
by slide_into_first
The NFL will announce they found no evidence of willful rules violations but will instruct the refs to screw new england so Seattle will win.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 4:59 pm
by redpeppers5000
The Patriots are the class of the AFC. They probably will be next year too, if Manning retires. If they did cheat, then they should be fined.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 5:01 pm
by Freed Roger
I loathe the Patriots some for the cheating, but mostly because of their success, and I'm tired of them.

I respect what they've done year in and out - while drafting from the bottom. Outside of Brady, and maybe the TE situation, Welker perhaps and Moss for a short time - they haven't had much in the way of big name talent. They have a method, good O-line, solid defense - add in skill positions that fit their profile, great coaching, and a little cheating and viola.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 7:01 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
The NFL Network Facebook page asked who has the "more dominate secondary."

Good to see stltoday commenters can find work.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 23 15, 10:28 pm
by Cronos
mikechamp wrote:I will always root against the Patriots.
++++


Both for cheating and for never going away, but mainly for cheating and robbing other teams of titles.

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 24 15, 4:41 pm
by MrSaigon
Given the wild overreactions, I'm 100% in on the Patriots now. Go Pats. Some lady who cofoundes espn the magazine wrote an oped for CNN calling for the Pats to be thrown out of the sb. For playing with slightly less pressure than allowed in their footballs? For violating a rule that, again, until now was punishable by like the equivalent of a fraction of a second of Super Bowl ad space?

It's very clear the league didn't and doesn't care much about this. It appears that most players don't either. Why is this bigger than Ferguson-or, something that's more relevant and never talked about, roids?

Re: NFL Playoffs 2015/Super Bowl XVIX

Posted: January 24 15, 4:53 pm
by JL21
MrSaigon wrote:Given the wild overreactions, I'm 100% in on the Patriots now. Go Pats. Some lady who cofoundes espn the magazine wrote an oped for CNN calling for the Pats to be thrown out of the sb. For playing with slightly less pressure than allowed in their footballs? For violating a rule that, again, until now was punishable by like the equivalent of a fraction of a second of Super Bowl ad space?

It's very clear the league didn't and doesn't care much about this. It appears that most players don't either. Why is this bigger than Ferguson-or, something that's more relevant and never talked about, roids?
I'm in your camp. Actually, I was always pulling for the Pats because, well, [expletive] [expletive] [expletive] the Seahawks. But the overreactions to Patriot stuff always makes me pull for them even though I don't like them at all.

I think what kills me about all of this is that everyone has an opinion on it. But does anybody even know what it means? If someone gave you a football with 2 less pounds of pressure, would the average schmuck even notice? Maybe, maybe not. And that's just it. Nobody knows. But everybody knows that it's this huge heinous crime and that Brady should be banned from the Super Bowl, Belichick should have to sit out a year, etc... It's all so over the top.