Page 22 of 200

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 9:23 am
by go birds
There will always be a special place in my heart for Some Nights because of that cards World Series video.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 11:52 am
by lukethedrifter
Saw Billy Joe Shaver the other night.

[/youtube]

was worth the price of admission itself

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 3:18 pm
by The Third Man
Fat_Bulldog wrote:All of these new bands / artists sound the same.

That stupid "Home" song mentioned above. Another one I can't take any more of is "Some Nights" or whatever that one is.

Give me some loud, bass driven, in your face rock 'n roll about sex and drugs.
If any genres are guilty of sounding samey, it's classic rock and metal.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 13 13, 3:34 pm
by Fat_Bulldog
The Third Man wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:All of these new bands / artists sound the same.

That stupid "Home" song mentioned above. Another one I can't take any more of is "Some Nights" or whatever that one is.

Give me some loud, bass driven, in your face rock 'n roll about sex and drugs.
If any genres are guilty of sounding samey, it's classic rock and metal.
Whatever. This new [expletive] is terrible.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 14 13, 9:15 am
by Radbird
I love Billy Joe, luke, and would love to see him live.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 17 13, 1:05 pm
by stlouie_lipp
trill wrote:
heyzeus wrote:The new Vampire Weekend album is good in ways that I was not expecting.
I've only ever tolerated them, but they grew a pair and this album is FIRE.
Finally checked it out this weekend...really good stuff.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 17 13, 1:28 pm
by JackofDiamonds
[/youtube]

I am excite.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 17 13, 2:20 pm
by mikechamp
To all who are fans of exceptional musicianship and/or music theory:

The new Dream Theater album arrives September 24th.


http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... _date.html

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 17 13, 2:24 pm
by Fat_Bulldog
mikechamp wrote:To all who are fans of exceptional musicianship and/or music theory:

The new Dream Theater album arrives September 24th.


http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... _date.html
Definitely excited about this. Perhaps Portnoy moving on will bring renewed energy. I was a Portnoy fan though.

Re: Music talk Thread

Posted: June 17 13, 2:43 pm
by mikechamp
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
mikechamp wrote:To all who are fans of exceptional musicianship and/or music theory:

The new Dream Theater album arrives September 24th.


http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... _date.html
Definitely excited about this. Perhaps Portnoy moving on will bring renewed energy. I was a Portnoy fan though.
You still can be a fan of his. He's got so many projects going, and they appeal to a variety of musical tastes.

I think the split has worked out well for both parties, although I do hope they get back together someday.