The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

a GRB clan!

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

ghostrunner wrote: You guys are tempting me to get GoW2 with all your carrying on.
do it.

/in best guido accent

User avatar
ilstu24
All-Star
Posts: 1344
Joined: September 24 08, 10:31 am
Location: Illinois St.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by ilstu24 »

Yeah I cannot wait until I get the new CoD game. And My little bro is going to get GoW2 so thatll be awesome too...prolly be playing that a lot while im off for x-mas break.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by wart57 »

Any idea if I can get a wireles USB adapter to work on my 360? The one made for the 360 runs about $100, a usb wireless adapter runs about $50 on the highend, about $25 for the middle of the road.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

wart57 wrote:Any idea if I can get a wireles USB adapter to work on my 360? The one made for the 360 runs about $100, a usb wireless adapter runs about $50 on the highend, about $25 for the middle of the road.
hmm...im not sure (but again im not the most tech savvy)...i was under the impression that you needed the 360 adapter, or, at least that it did work best with the system...dont quote me though...

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18723
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by cardinalkarp »

wart57 wrote:Any idea if I can get a wireles USB adapter to work on my 360? The one made for the 360 runs about $100, a usb wireless adapter runs about $50 on the highend, about $25 for the middle of the road.
Can't you find one on ebay for cheaper than that?

edit : check ebay, you can find them way cheaper

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

You guys that have had the system for awhile, I need suggestions on games that were released earlier that I need to grab. So far, I've got Splinter Cell:DA, The Orange Box, Perfect Dark Zero, and BioShock on my short list. I won a new copy of GOW1 on ebay last night...total impulse buy.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by wart57 »

I wonder if this would work.....I have a best buy gift card burning a hole in my pocket...

adapter link

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

The Bottom Line

Of course you can use any other existing wireless bridge or even use the built-in Ethernet port found in the Xbox 360, but you won’t be able to enjoy the unique functionality found in Xbox 360 wireless networking adapter.

Although you can get wireless bridges for less than $99, there is no way you can get something better than the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter at this point. Unless you don’t care about having a nasty cable reaching the top of your Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter is simply a must have.
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/xb ... dapter/p1/

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by wart57 »

Jocephus wrote:
The Bottom Line

Of course you can use any other existing wireless bridge or even use the built-in Ethernet port found in the Xbox 360, but you won’t be able to enjoy the unique functionality found in Xbox 360 wireless networking adapter.

Although you can get wireless bridges for less than $99, there is no way you can get something better than the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter at this point. Unless you don’t care about having a nasty cable reaching the top of your Xbox 360, the Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter is simply a must have.
http://hardware.teamxbox.com/reviews/xb ... dapter/p1/
That is bull. At my old house I had the ethernet cable plugged in to my wall that was run with cat5 cable throught the house to the router in the closet, and it worked just fine. The only thing I am concerned with this is the fact that the wireless adapter is a USB connector, so I am not sure if any wireless adapter with USB connection will work, or if only the xbox adapter will work.

Post Reply