Page 24 of 28

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 1 07, 11:37 pm
by longhornbaseball
This is just awesome. The Cardinals really need to look at what the Blues are doing from a marketing standpoint. They're improving the team while making key moves that they can sell to the fans. I think this makes us a 100 point hockey team.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 1 07, 11:53 pm
by JCShutout
longhornbaseball wrote:This is just awesome. The Cardinals really need to look at what the Blues are doing from a marketing standpoint. They're improving the team while making key moves that they can sell to the fans. I think this makes us a 100 point hockey team.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I don't see 100 points (I'd love to be wrong), but I'm smelling at teh playoffs!!1!

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 12:05 am
by JCShutout
Someone on letsgoblues.com posted this. Teh awesome!
[/youtube]

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 12:13 am
by TGantz
That was amazing. I am officially a bandwagon Blues fan. The last few years, I would watch it when I saw games on, but I never was as close to as big of a fan as I am for the Cardinals. But this team is looking great!

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 12:32 am
by Secret Weapon
I just got off the phone with Paul. Seems like a really nice guy. He apologized about 10 times for calling so late.

I do NOT have these quotes in tomorrow's paper. I talked to him after the newpaper's deadline. This is the only place you will read what Paul has to say about signing with the Blues.

Paul Kariya
"It's been a busy day. I feel like I've had the phone to my ear the whole day. Definitely there were some other teams involved. But my gut instinct always told me that St. Louis was a terrific fit hockey-wise. Having Andy (Murray) is a huge bonus. I know some of the players . . . Manny Legace, Eric Brewer . . I have a lot of connections."

"As a (free-agent) player, it's similiar to decision which university to attend. When you're a player, you want to be wanted. You want to feel that they want you to be part of the organization. It started early in the morning. My first call was from Andy. I've known him since I was 15. We just talked hockey for 30 minutes. I got a good feel for the organization and what direction they're going in. I talked to Al MacInnis and Keith Tkachuk . . . got calls from everybody. Two hours into free agency, I remember saying, 'If I had to make a decision now, the choice would be to go to St. Louis."

"For sure, with the team we have now, we're a playoff team. The team played very well with Andy. They played very well before they got rid of a couple of guys before the trade deadline. I played those guys eight times, and it wasn't a treat, I'll tell you that. They're going in a good direction, and I want to be a part of it."

JR
man he is a perfect fit for us, i cant wait for the season now :cool:

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 12:35 am
by thrill
Aaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnddddddddddddd


boom goes the dynamite.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 1:12 am
by longhornbaseball
JCShutout wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:This is just awesome. The Cardinals really need to look at what the Blues are doing from a marketing standpoint. They're improving the team while making key moves that they can sell to the fans. I think this makes us a 100 point hockey team.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I don't see 100 points (I'd love to be wrong), but I'm smelling at teh playoffs!!1!
They were the equivalent of a 107 point team with Murray, Tkachuk, and Guerin*. I have big hopes for this team.


*From December 11th (Murray hired) through February 25th (Tkachuck traded) they tallied 43 points in 33 games. Extrapolated over 82 games, that's 107 points. woooooooooooooooooooo

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 1:27 am
by JCShutout
longhornbaseball wrote:
JCShutout wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:This is just awesome. The Cardinals really need to look at what the Blues are doing from a marketing standpoint. They're improving the team while making key moves that they can sell to the fans. I think this makes us a 100 point hockey team.

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
I don't see 100 points (I'd love to be wrong), but I'm smelling at teh playoffs!!1!
They were the equivalent of a 107 point team with Murray, Tkachuk, and Guerin*. I have big hopes for this team.


*From December 11th (Murray hired) through February 25th (Tkachuck traded) they tallied 43 points in 33 games. Extrapolated over 82 games, that's 107 points. woooooooooooooooooooo
I'd love to be wrong. I'm looking for somewhere between 92 and 98 points, but atleast fighting for a playoff spot.

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 6:06 am
by stlmark
I woke up to see that we got us Paul Kariya and I'm so effin excited. I love it!!!

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Posted: July 2 07, 9:30 am
by robbotis
Definetly good news.
Exactly what the Blues needed a speedy, offensive player.