Page 24 of 31

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 7 13, 6:31 am
by MrCrowesGarden
Northern Illinois gets drubbed in the MAC Championship to end their BCS hopes. If Mizzou ends up in the Sugar Bowl, they likely get the 2nd best Big 12 team (most likely Baylor).

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 7 13, 9:05 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
So am I correct in saying michigan state has nothing to play for except what would be an extremely expensive banner? They are headed to the rose bowl almost regardless of what happens. If they knock osu off, does osu even make a bcs game? Probably not and the entire league loses that check, including sparty.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 7 13, 9:59 am
by lukethedrifter
If you're saying Sparty tanks I don't buy it.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 7 13, 10:27 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
I don't think they will. But, OSU has a berth to the BCSNC game on the line. MSU has nothing on the line, comparatively. Win or lose, they go to the rose bowl. Of course, winning their respective conference is probably just about every team's goal to start the season, so it's silly to assume winning the B1G is nothing.

Just interesting, really, that MSU is better off losing this game in the grand scheme of things, imo.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 7 13, 10:31 am
by MrCrowesGarden
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I don't think they will. But, OSU has a berth to the BCSNC game on the line. MSU has nothing on the line, comparatively. Win or lose, they go to the rose bowl. Of course, winning their respective conference is probably just about every team's goal to start the season, so it's silly to assume winning the B1G is nothing.

Just interesting, really, that MSU is better off losing this game in the grand scheme of things, imo.
I'm pretty sure Sparty has the same little brother complex that Mizzou does. I think winning the B1G title is the most important thing in the world to them.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 7 13, 3:02 pm
by Socnorb11
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:So am I correct in saying michigan state has nothing to play for except what would be an extremely expensive banner? They are headed to the rose bowl almost regardless of what happens. If they knock osu off, does osu even make a bcs game? Probably not and the entire league loses that check, including sparty.

I think OSU heads to the Orange Bowl if they lose to Mich. State. The payout would be $17 mil instead of the $18 mil that they would get if they played for the national championship.

So it's basically a difference of a million bucks......... divied up among all of the Big Ten teams.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 8 13, 10:20 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
I really wish OSU would play Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. That would be awesome. But, I guess the latest projections have them going to the Orange Bowl to play Clemson. Leaving Oklahoma? to play Alabama. What a pity, I think the OSU/Bama game would have been a great matchup and Clemson OU would be a good matchup too. As it is, Clemson and OSU is probably a decent game and Bama wipes the floor with the Big 12's like 3rd best team who doesn't even deserve to be in a BCS game. Boooooo!!! Where's the dislike button for these games? I'd rather see Oregon or AZ State or anyone from the Pac 12, really, before Bama OU.

Here's my BCS since they've fubared it up.
NC: FSU vs Auburn
Rose: MI State vs Stanford
Orange: Clemson vs Oregon
Sugar: Bama vs Ohio State
Fiesta: Baylor vs UCF

No way should the Big 12 have two teams and the Pac 12 only have one.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 8 13, 10:59 am
by Leroy
Looking forward to a 99-96 championship.

Not.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 8 13, 11:09 am
by JL21
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote: I'd rather see Oregon or AZ State or anyone from the Pac 12, really, before Bama OU.
Yeah, no [expletive]. The only Big XII team that should be in a BCS bowl at the expense of those Pac 12 teams is Baylor. And they made it anyway, since they were conference champs. You could've convinced me of Oklahoma St. before yesterday but not now.

As for Clemson-Ohio St., speaking as someone with a few Clemson ties in the family, I can tell you that Clemson fans will love the [expletive] out of that matchup. The Woody Hayes thing is part of their DNA by now, somewhere just below IPTAY and Howard's Rock.

Re: 2013 NCAA Football Thread

Posted: December 8 13, 11:38 am
by cardsfansince82
Why would Clemson get a BCS bowl?