Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
Online
User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Random musings

Post by heyzeus »

I think my two year old's a stoner.

'Zeus Jr.: My blanket is part of my blanket!
Me: Yes, it's all one blanket.
'Zeus Jr.: (long pause) heh heh heh

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by Jocephus »

dont forget to bring a towel!

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
Posts: 24904
Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Random musings

Post by planet planet »

Speaking of Morton's salt, are normal peeps supposed to just buy regular salt or iodized?

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Random musings

Post by Jocephus »

or what about sea salt?

User avatar
slide_into_first
is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
Posts: 14433
Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos

Re: Random musings

Post by slide_into_first »

It depends on where you live but some normal people would not get enough iodine if it were not in salt. It is not a right wing issue like fluoridation of water I guess because you have a choice.
I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.

Online
User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Random musings

Post by heyzeus »

slide_into_first wrote: I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.
Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Random musings

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

heyzeus wrote: Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
Oh my gosh. Funny you should mention that. Little AW carries around a teddy bear like little Zeus carries around his blanket. This started a couple weeks ago. Apparently, he saw a kid at his school taking a nap with a stuffed monkey and wanted it. So, he tried to take it, the kid tried to stop him, and AW jr bit him and took it. Ugh. So, we give him this teddy bear the next day, he naps with it, and now he can't get enough of it. Has to have it to sleep with at night, to carry around the yard, in the car, etc. I just don't understand it. But, at least he isn't hitting kids at school. So, that's good.

Online
User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43288
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Random musings

Post by heyzeus »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
heyzeus wrote: Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
Oh my gosh. Funny you should mention that. Little AW carries around a teddy bear like little Zeus carries around his blanket. This started a couple weeks ago. Apparently, he saw a kid at his school taking a nap with a stuffed monkey and wanted it. So, he tried to take it, the kid tried to stop him, and AW jr bit him and took it. Ugh. So, we give him this teddy bear the next day, he naps with it, and now he can't get enough of it. Has to have it to sleep with at night, to carry around the yard, in the car, etc. I just don't understand it. But, at least he isn't hitting kids at school. So, that's good.
It's apparently pretty natural for kids at their age to develop attachments to objects. It's like their totem from Inception. But yeah, you step between a toddler and his blanky/monkey/teddy bear, you're gonna get cut.

Ancillary random musing: I'm on Reasons My Kid is Crying now.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Random musings

Post by Freed Roger »

I wonder how many rebates I have failed to complete or receive.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Random musings

Post by JL21 »

Freed Roger wrote:I wonder how many rebates I have failed to complete or receive.
I feel like this is the most perfect use of this thread ever.

Post Reply