Page 24 of 529
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 7 14, 1:00 pm
by heyzeus
I think my two year old's a stoner.
'Zeus Jr.: My blanket is part of my blanket!
Me: Yes, it's all one blanket.
'Zeus Jr.: (long pause) heh heh heh
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 7 14, 1:03 pm
by Jocephus
dont forget to bring a towel!
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 7 14, 1:27 pm
by planet planet
Speaking of Morton's salt, are normal peeps supposed to just buy regular salt or iodized?
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 7 14, 1:49 pm
by Jocephus
or what about sea salt?
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 8 14, 1:02 am
by slide_into_first
It depends on where you live but some normal people would not get enough iodine if it were not in salt. It is not a right wing issue like fluoridation of water I guess because you have a choice.
I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 8 14, 8:36 am
by heyzeus
slide_into_first wrote:
I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.
Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 8 14, 9:08 am
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
heyzeus wrote:
Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
Oh my gosh. Funny you should mention that. Little AW carries around a teddy bear like little Zeus carries around his blanket. This started a couple weeks ago. Apparently, he saw a kid at his school taking a nap with a stuffed monkey and wanted it. So, he tried to take it, the kid tried to stop him, and AW jr bit him and took it. Ugh. So, we give him this teddy bear the next day, he naps with it, and now he can't get enough of it. Has to have it to sleep with at night, to carry around the yard, in the car, etc. I just don't understand it. But, at least he isn't hitting kids at school. So, that's good.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 8 14, 10:22 am
by heyzeus
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:heyzeus wrote:
Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
Oh my gosh. Funny you should mention that. Little AW carries around a teddy bear like little Zeus carries around his blanket. This started a couple weeks ago. Apparently, he saw a kid at his school taking a nap with a stuffed monkey and wanted it. So, he tried to take it, the kid tried to stop him, and AW jr bit him and took it. Ugh. So, we give him this teddy bear the next day, he naps with it, and now he can't get enough of it. Has to have it to sleep with at night, to carry around the yard, in the car, etc. I just don't understand it. But, at least he isn't hitting kids at school. So, that's good.
It's apparently pretty natural for kids at their age to develop attachments to objects. It's like their totem from Inception. But yeah, you step between a toddler and his blanky/monkey/teddy bear, you're gonna get cut.
Ancillary random musing: I'm on Reasons My Kid is Crying now.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 14 14, 10:13 am
by Freed Roger
I wonder how many rebates I have failed to complete or receive.
Re: Random musings
Posted: July 14 14, 10:14 am
by JL21
Freed Roger wrote:I wonder how many rebates I have failed to complete or receive.
I feel like this is the most perfect use of this thread ever.