Page 25 of 211
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 22 11, 7:23 pm
by G. Keenan
Right now River is down 2-0 at the start of the second half. A bunch of fans just rushed the field and threw flares onto it, I'm assuming River fans trying to get the game declared unsafe to continue. South American soccer is awesome.
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 22 11, 7:36 pm
by thrill
For fans unfamiliar, River getting relegated would be like Barcelona getting relegated.
Guys...Freddy Adu just put us in the Gold Cup final. Holy [expletive].
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 22 11, 8:01 pm
by MrSaigon
thrill wrote:For fans unfamiliar, River getting relegated would be like Barcelona getting relegated.
Guys...Freddy Adu just put us in the Gold Cup final. Holy [expletive].
He hasn't grown an inch since he was declared The Great American Soccer Savior at age 12, but he didn't look bad out there.
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 22 11, 8:09 pm
by thrill
ándale honduras
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 22 11, 8:29 pm
by G. Keenan
River lost 2-0. After a 20 minute delay to start the second half while they got the riot police in formation in front of the River section, where the fans had cut/broken through the fence, it was all Belgrano. This game was in Cordoba. River will have another chance at home in Buenos Aires, against Belgrano again, but after the way they played tonight it's not looking good.
I'm going to try to score tickets to the next game. That [expletive] is going to be INTENSE.
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 22 11, 11:41 pm
by Arthur Dent
G. Keenan wrote:I'm going to try to score tickets to the next game. That [expletive] is going to be INTENSE.
Have you been to a River Plate game yet?
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 23 11, 12:15 am
by G. Keenan
Arthur Dent wrote:G. Keenan wrote:I'm going to try to score tickets to the next game. That [expletive] is going to be INTENSE.
Have you been to a River Plate game yet?
Yeah, but it was back in 2009 when I was here the first time. To be honest it wasn't a great game. River lost 1-0 and it was pretty boring. They've been terrible the past three years, which is why they're on the verge of relegation.
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 23 11, 6:38 am
by TimeForGuinness
G. Keenan wrote:Right now River is down 2-0 at the start of the second half. A bunch of fans just rushed the field and threw flares onto it, I'm assuming River fans trying to get the game declared unsafe to continue. South American soccer is awesome.
And people say soccer is boring
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 23 11, 9:01 am
by robbotis
TimeForGuinness wrote:G. Keenan wrote:Right now River is down 2-0 at the start of the second half. A bunch of fans just rushed the field and threw flares onto it, I'm assuming River fans trying to get the game declared unsafe to continue. South American soccer is awesome.
And people say soccer is boring
That's awesome. I'd defintely go to that game if I was around.
On the US game:
Why was Donovan on the bench? His ball to Dempsey on the goal was amazing.
I don't get why he didn't start. The US didn't play all that great. Agudelo continues to create lots of chances. That header off the post would've been sweet.
Sorry Kljestan is no where near Donovan.
Lichaj sucked.
Adu was a difference maker. If he can play w/ that speed and creativity, there's a spot for him.
Re: General Soccer Thread
Posted: June 23 11, 9:26 am
by thrill
robbotis wrote:TimeForGuinness wrote:G. Keenan wrote:Right now River is down 2-0 at the start of the second half. A bunch of fans just rushed the field and threw flares onto it, I'm assuming River fans trying to get the game declared unsafe to continue. South American soccer is awesome.
And people say soccer is boring
That's awesome. I'd defintely go to that game if I was around.
On the US game:
Why was Donovan on the bench? His ball to Dempsey on the goal was amazing.
I don't get why he didn't start. The US didn't play all that great. Agudelo continues to create lots of chances. That header off the post would've been sweet.
Sorry Kljestan is no where near Donovan.
Lichaj sucked.
Adu was a difference maker. If he can play w/ that speed and creativity, there's a spot for him.
Apparently Bob was sending a little bit of a message to Landon to up his game and show him he's not an automatic selection. He did this with Clint two years ago before the Confed Cup. He will absolutely start v Mexico.
Lichaj sucked? As with the Charlie Davies thing, I have no idea what games you're watching. The way he stretches the field, gives our attack width and still has the speed and strength to deal with fast or strong wingers tracking back is an element this team hasn't had for a long time. He's obviously still young, playing out of position and has a lot to learn, but his addition at left back which allowed Bocanegra to move to center back is the single most significant tactical change Bob has made all tournament.