2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

Yuck! Dally signs with Detroilet. :x
Elkund wrote:Dallas Drake is returning to where it all began and has signed a deal with the Detroit Red Wings...Drake is rumoured to have quite a few teams talking to him for his experience...
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8533

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18726
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by cardinalkarp »

Dallas Drake signed w/ the Red Wings. :?

Not that he's that good anymore but damn, the Red Wings of all teams.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by thrill »

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

User avatar
longhornbaseball
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 5527
Joined: April 18 06, 10:37 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by longhornbaseball »

Easier for Jax to wear the C after we sign him long term later this year. Drake played balls out and was fun to watch but he was the hockey equivalent of Mike Matheny. With the Kchuck, Weight, Kariya, Mayers, Jackman, and Brewer, this team's got enough veteran leadership. Oh well.

ThreeAces
Veteran Player
Posts: 851
Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by ThreeAces »

Blues trade Carl Soderberg to Boston for Hannu Toivonen. :?

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=335198

I don't understand this trade at all.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

ThreeAces wrote:Blues trade Carl Soderberg to Boston for Hannu Toivonen. :?

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=335198

I don't understand this trade at all.
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

JCShutout wrote:
ThreeAces wrote:Blues trade Carl Soderberg to Boston for Hannu Toivonen. :?

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=335198

I don't understand this trade at all.
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
I suppose it's possible that they think last year was an aberration for Hannu, and he still could be a premier goalie in a few years.

I don't know what we're going to do with so many goalies (but I'm guessing Bacashihua is gone), but Toivonen is a good buy low candidate.

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
JCShutout wrote:
ThreeAces wrote:Blues trade Carl Soderberg to Boston for Hannu Toivonen. :?

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=335198

I don't understand this trade at all.
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
I suppose it's possible that they think last year was an aberration for Hannu, and he still could be a premier goalie in a few years.

I don't know what we're going to do with so many goalies (but I'm guessing Bacashihua is gone), but Toivonen is a good buy low candidate.
Never a bad thing to have a bunch. Schwartz and Toivo and Bishop are the kids we'll be banking on. I'm sure Cash will be gone soon and Riskman will back up in Peoria.

User avatar
thrill
bronoun enthusiast
Posts: 30539
Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Location: barely online

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by thrill »

JCShutout wrote:
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
JCShutout wrote:
ThreeAces wrote:Blues trade Carl Soderberg to Boston for Hannu Toivonen. :?

http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=335198

I don't understand this trade at all.
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
I suppose it's possible that they think last year was an aberration for Hannu, and he still could be a premier goalie in a few years.

I don't know what we're going to do with so many goalies (but I'm guessing Bacashihua is gone), but Toivonen is a good buy low candidate.
Never a bad thing to have a bunch. Schwartz and Toivo and Bishop are the kids we'll be banking on. I'm sure Cash will be gone soon and Riskman will back up in Peoria.
It's almost as if they are hoarding all goalie prospects they can get just so they can shove them in a giant yahtzee cup, shake it up, dump them on the ground and hope one of them turns into the next Hasek.

If that happens, YAHTZEE!

User avatar
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear
Posts: 13354
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: South City

Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread

Post by JCShutout »

Blues sign Stempy to a 3 year deal.

1.5 mill this year, 2.5 the next, and 3.5 in 09-10.

Cap hit is 2.5 each year.

Nicely done!

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument

WOO!!

Post Reply