Page 26 of 28
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 9 07, 11:03 am
by JCShutout
Yuck! Dally signs with Detroilet.
Elkund wrote:Dallas Drake is returning to where it all began and has signed a deal with the Detroit Red Wings...Drake is rumoured to have quite a few teams talking to him for his experience...
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8533
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 9 07, 11:04 am
by cardinalkarp
Dallas Drake signed w/ the Red Wings.
Not that he's that good anymore but damn, the Red Wings of all teams.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 10 07, 2:38 pm
by thrill
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 10 07, 4:22 pm
by longhornbaseball
Easier for Jax to wear the C after we sign him long term later this year. Drake played balls out and was fun to watch but he was the hockey equivalent of Mike Matheny. With the Kchuck, Weight, Kariya, Mayers, Jackman, and Brewer, this team's got enough veteran leadership. Oh well.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 23 07, 3:10 pm
by ThreeAces
Blues trade Carl Soderberg to Boston for Hannu Toivonen.
http://blues.nhl.com/team/app/?service= ... eid=335198
I don't understand this trade at all.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 23 07, 5:15 pm
by JCShutout
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 23 07, 5:18 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
JCShutout wrote:
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
I suppose it's possible that they think last year was an aberration for Hannu, and he still could be a premier goalie in a few years.
I don't know what we're going to do with so many goalies (but I'm guessing Bacashihua is gone), but Toivonen is a good buy low candidate.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 23 07, 5:21 pm
by JCShutout
MrCrowesGarden wrote:JCShutout wrote:
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
I suppose it's possible that they think last year was an aberration for Hannu, and he still could be a premier goalie in a few years.
I don't know what we're going to do with so many goalies (but I'm guessing Bacashihua is gone), but Toivonen is a good buy low candidate.
Never a bad thing to have a bunch. Schwartz and Toivo and Bishop are the kids we'll be banking on. I'm sure Cash will be gone soon and Riskman will back up in Peoria.
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 23 07, 8:36 pm
by thrill
JCShutout wrote:MrCrowesGarden wrote:JCShutout wrote:
Neither do I, unless they thought that Soderburg's eye injury was going to be a cronic problem.
I suppose it's possible that they think last year was an aberration for Hannu, and he still could be a premier goalie in a few years.
I don't know what we're going to do with so many goalies (but I'm guessing Bacashihua is gone), but Toivonen is a good buy low candidate.
Never a bad thing to have a bunch. Schwartz and Toivo and Bishop are the kids we'll be banking on. I'm sure Cash will be gone soon and Riskman will back up in Peoria.
It's almost as if they are hoarding all goalie prospects they can get just so they can shove them in a giant yahtzee cup, shake it up, dump them on the ground and hope one of them turns into the next Hasek.
If that happens, YAHTZEE!
Re: 2007-2008 Blues Draft and Off-Season thread
Posted: July 24 07, 3:49 pm
by JCShutout
Blues sign Stempy to a 3 year deal.
1.5 mill this year, 2.5 the next, and 3.5 in 09-10.
Cap hit is 2.5 each year.
Nicely done!
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports ... enDocument
WOO!!