movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by omaha_red »

Richie Allen wrote:A search of my library's catalog come back with this: Did you mean: Satanist Ray

Yeah, my library's hooked up to some network which encompasses some downstate Illinois libraries (as far as Quincy Notre Dame HS and Quincy Public Library) but no Satyijit Ray. In fact, my library seems to be the most diverse when it comes to carrying the stuff I like so I've never used the inter-library loan, but I'll have to keep it in mind.
i've found the trilogy online at amazon.. but they're not very reliable copies..

User avatar
The Third Man
It rubs the lotion on its skin.
Posts: 8935
Joined: July 17 06, 1:00 pm

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by The Third Man »

omaha_red wrote:
The Third Man wrote:I finally got ahold of some Satyajit Ray films. I've watched Pather Panchali and Aparajito so far, and both were excellent. The former is a bit better than the latter, but both have me looking forward to more of his films.
where the hell did you find "pather panchali"??
Less-than-legal means. I love the internet.

I also grabbed a bunch of harder-to-get Welles films (his Shakespeare movies and The Trial) among other things.

User avatar
omaha_red
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12963
Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Location: toning it done

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by omaha_red »

The Third Man wrote:
omaha_red wrote:
The Third Man wrote:I finally got ahold of some Satyajit Ray films. I've watched Pather Panchali and Aparajito so far, and both were excellent. The former is a bit better than the latter, but both have me looking forward to more of his films.
where the hell did you find "pather panchali"??
Less-than-legal means. I love the internet.

I also grabbed a bunch of harder-to-get Welles films (his Shakespeare movies and The Trial) among other things.
i just caught "the trial" and "the stranger" on TCM.. both great..

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Jocephus »

oh yeah...well...i watched these two classics:

"return to the house on haunted hill"

and

"meet bill"


so, suck it, movie aficionados...

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25226
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Leroy »

Jocephus wrote:so, suck it,
That was a pretty good one.

User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by wart57 »

Just watched Tropic Thunder, I was underwhelmed.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Just saw Gran Torino last night. I thought it was merely ok, not great. Eastwood was good but the rest of the cast was kind of inconsistent, especially the two main kids. And I didn't find the story overall to be all that compelling or convincing.

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by cardinalkarp »

wart57 wrote:Just watched Tropic Thunder, I was underwhelmed.

I thought it was awful, in fact I turned it off after about a 1/2 hour.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
Posts: 26073
Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by Freed Roger »

cardinalkarp wrote:
wart57 wrote:Just watched Tropic Thunder, I was underwhelmed.

I thought it was awful, in fact I turned it off after about a 1/2 hour.
I have it at home now. So - skip it?

User avatar
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 18727
Joined: May 4 06, 8:44 am

Re: Recently viewed movies

Post by cardinalkarp »

Freed Roger wrote:
cardinalkarp wrote:
wart57 wrote:Just watched Tropic Thunder, I was underwhelmed.

I thought it was awful, in fact I turned it off after about a 1/2 hour.
I have it at home now. So - skip it?

I've read that alot of people have liked it so I would just take a look at it if I were you. It just wasn't my type of moive.

Post Reply