The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

Real Life Assassin's Creed
[/youtube]

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by cardsfansince82 »

haltz wrote:Michael is threatening me, but I'm not going to stop playing golf.
I love the Tiger Woods games. The game moves at a slow pace so you can be doing other stuff or under the inluence and still follow. Definitely a higher replayability factor than a hell of a lot of other games for me.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

i downloaded the mlb 2k8 demo...and i suck at it

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by ghostrunner »

Jocephus wrote:i downloaded the mlb 2k8 demo...and i suck at it
Give it time. The pitching rocks once you get used to it. Though cutters are hard to do properly.

It would be awesome if 2k9 works better online this year. We can get a GRB league together.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:i downloaded the mlb 2k8 demo...and i suck at it
Give it time. The pitching rocks once you get used to it. Though cutters are hard to do properly.

It would be awesome if 2k9 works better online this year. We can get a GRB league together.
its slowly coming to me...im just not used to using joysticks for just about everything...i only get 3 innings per game...the first one was like...32-0 rockies over the sox

this last one was 6-1 rox

User avatar
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Posts: 25225
Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
Contact:

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Leroy »

I could beat you all at that game, but I'd have to do it with my mind. I'm not sure if you are all with that or not.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by haltz »

I have zero concept of the strikezone in the newer baseball games. I was a god at MVP '05, but now I turn every hitter into Jeff Francoeur.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

just hit my first homerun as pedroia....

i then won 1-0!

im starting to like it

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30813
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by ghostrunner »

haltz wrote:I have zero concept of the strikezone in the newer baseball games. I was a god at MVP '05, but now I turn every hitter into Jeff Francoeur.
Pretty much every baseball game I start out halfway decent at hitting and horrible at pitching. Before too long, I'm awesome at pitching and I stay halfway decent at hitting for a long time.

User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by robbotis »

Yeah, it's way too hard to tell balls from strikes in baseball games. They need to improve that.
When playing the computer I can win by just swinging all the time, then when I play a person there's no reason they'd throw a strike.

Post Reply