2011 NFL season
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: 2011 NFL season
I think Gabbert is one of those guys that needs a Chase Daniel/Aaron Rodgers-like internship if he has any chance of success.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: 2011 NFL season
Another year at Mizzou wouldn't have hurt, either. I was surprised when there was so much buzz about him as a high first round pick. An apprenticeship in the NFL would have been ideal.
Leroy, I'm guessing that half-ish of what you saw of Gabbert was against Nebraska. Between Suh and their tremendous secondary, that was as close to an NFL defense that Gabbert saw at Mizzou. And they certainly flustered him, especially in that game in Lincoln last year.
Leroy, I'm guessing that half-ish of what you saw of Gabbert was against Nebraska. Between Suh and their tremendous secondary, that was as close to an NFL defense that Gabbert saw at Mizzou. And they certainly flustered him, especially in that game in Lincoln last year.
- Leroy
- a bad penny always turns up
- Posts: 25226
- Joined: April 17 06, 12:27 pm
- Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.
- Contact:
Re: 2011 NFL season
I think you are right, I saw one other game but I don't remember who against but it might have been Oklahoma or Texas (if they even played those teams).
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: 2011 NFL season
Yeah, he was overhyped more than imaginable.JL21 wrote:Another year at Mizzou wouldn't have hurt, either. I was surprised when there was so much buzz about him as a high first round pick. An apprenticeship in the NFL would have been ideal.
The large portion of cap money commanded by first round picks makes it difficult to have them in apprenticeship for long. This almost always means the person they apprentice behind will be a lower-paid retread QB. And when the retread QB struggles -its quickly an untenable situation.
For Gabbert to have an apprenticeship, he'd need to be drafted much lower.
- lukethedrifter
- darjeeling sipping elite
- Posts: 37260
- Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
- Location: Huis Clos
Re: 2011 NFL season
I think this sums it up
[/youtube]
Too back Sandusky getting arrested again trumped Ed Werde's Winning the Tebow Way segment. Seriously.
[/youtube]
Too back Sandusky getting arrested again trumped Ed Werde's Winning the Tebow Way segment. Seriously.
- fanforever
- Retired
- Posts: 67125
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
- Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone
Re: 2011 NFL season
I wish Urlacher would clothesline Tebow...a la Ray Nitschke in the longest yard
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: 2011 NFL season
Bears Broncos:
Hard to believe Caleb Hanie is the guy that almost threw a wrench in last years Packers Super Bowl run.
I am rooting for a zero zero tie
And Good Heavens, how did Demaryius Thomas miss that ball?
And that was a devil of a kick return by Devin Hester.
Edit: And when it comes to me, disliking a player, just on the sight of him - Cutler wins that prize
Hard to believe Caleb Hanie is the guy that almost threw a wrench in last years Packers Super Bowl run.
I am rooting for a zero zero tie
And Good Heavens, how did Demaryius Thomas miss that ball?
And that was a devil of a kick return by Devin Hester.
Edit: And when it comes to me, disliking a player, just on the sight of him - Cutler wins that prize
Last edited by Freed Roger on December 11 11, 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Socnorb11
- The Last Word
- Posts: 21906
- Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am
Re: 2011 NFL season
Tebow has been poor today. I'm not going to try to sugarcoat it.
Hopefully Denver's defense can make something happen.
Hopefully Denver's defense can make something happen.
- cardsfansince82
- is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
- Posts: 27776
- Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
- Location: at the gettin' place
Re: 2011 NFL season
I think the fans should get a refund for that Bears-Broncos game.
- fanforever
- Retired
- Posts: 67125
- Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
- Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone
Re: 2011 NFL season
they tied it and will be going into OT....no refund for this onecardsfansince82 wrote:I think the fans should get a refund for that Bears-Broncos game.



