Page 26 of 353

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 2:21 pm
by Jocephus
you're canadian survivorman, you don't know what it's like!

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 2:35 pm
by ghostrunner
I’m frickin exhausted. Been cleaning all day yesterday and today. Partly general spring cleaning, partly Corona related, and partly just because we’re all stuck working/schooling from home the next few weeks and the place is too messy to live and work in 24/7.

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 2:39 pm
by Freed Roger
Pritzker ordered IL bars and restaurants closed until end of March

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 2:43 pm
by sighyoung
I brought home books from my office so I could work at home. They were primarily a huge box of books that a retiring colleague gave me about American maritime history, since I'm working on an anthology about writing about the sea, and I've got 9 months to finish the book now.

I also went to the bookstore to buy cards (I can't visit my mother in her nursing home, and her dementia prevents her from picking up her phone, so I'll write her cards for the time being). I also purchased an expensive gift card, since I know the store is going to face a cash crunch, and I want to do what I can to help.

For the next two days, I need to figure out how to shift my classes to online classes and begin to design assignments for them.

I'm also lucky to have a couple of other projects to keep me busy: my church is applying for local landmark status to protect its buildings for the future, so I'm providing biographical research on many of its historically important members, which is (for a nerd like me) fun and gratifying.

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 2:58 pm
by Socnorb11
Freed Roger wrote: ↑
March 15 20, 2:39 pm
Pritzker ordered IL bars and restaurants closed until end of March
Technically not closed. Just can't serve dine-in. They'll still have carry-out and delivery, I believe.

Still, crazy news.

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 5:31 pm
by Joe Shlabotnik
heyzeus wrote: ↑
March 15 20, 1:58 pm
We are doing almost nothing at all right, and this is going to be so much worse than it needed to be. Which means a lot of people are going to die who should not have.
As long as most all of them are - like me - Boomers, the country will be better for it.

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 7:50 pm
by sighyoung

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 8:42 pm
by haltz
The scuttlebutt is that the STL restaurant shutdown is happening in the next day or two, but I guess we'll see. It'll put a lot of smaller (some well-known) places out of business.

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 9:12 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
I think the USA is being shutdown for two weeks here in the next couple days. I don't see any other realistic option such as opening testing drive thru testing stations, making protocol, etc. They're just ridiculously blindsided (even though they shouldn't be). They ain't gonna let it get to 50K cases in a week (even though that's probably the real number right now).

Re: Coronavirus

Posted: March 15 20, 10:54 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
Donnie Ebert wrote: ↑
March 15 20, 7:43 am
Why outbreaks like coronavirus spread exponentially, and how to “flatten the curve”

A nice presentation in this article, and pretty cool as each one is random each time you load the page.
Pretty cool website. Thanks for sharing