Page 255 of 274
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:25 pm
by Lesson
thrill wrote:Lesson wrote:thrill wrote:Lesson wrote:This needs to be archived soon.
We'll wait for fan's game 7 thread.
Sweet.
Yeah we'll archive every WS game thread as we did in '06. Those are worth reading, btw. Reyes game 1 dominance, the Kenny Rogers pine tar game, Carp, Weaver.
I've skimmed through part of the Game 5 thread as well as the post game thread.
I think Game 5 of the NLDS should be archived, too. Great, great game.
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:25 pm
by st.lewis11
I've always been proud to be Cardinals fan, with it's rich tradition, and I cannot get over how many great moments we keep getting that adds to this franchise's great heritage.
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:26 pm
by cardsfansince82
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:26 pm
by BigDCardlvr
Dfw is currently rated R.
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:27 pm
by Numbers
Strauss' opening paragraph sums it up perfectly,
"The seemingly inevitable turned unbelievable before fading to the unthinkable and back to the incredible for the Cardinals on Thursday night at Busch Stadium."
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseball ... 0f31a.html
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:29 pm
by planet planet
Can't even fathom what it took to get here, but damn glad I got to experience it!
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:29 pm
by cardsfansince82
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:30 pm
by cardsfansince82
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:31 pm
by ghostrunner
It's cool to see an outsider's impression on these kinds of things. I was checking the Sons of Sam Horn WS thread, and it's pretty entertaining
Best stuff about tonight starts here:
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/68707-20 ... __st__1700
Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 27 11, 11:35 pm
by lambeausouth
In the pantheon of great postseason homeruns, there have arguably been five that will stand the test of time.
1951. Bobby Thompson's "the Giants win the pennant". Playoff tiebreaker, "the Shot Heard Round the World".
1960. Bob Mazerowski. "It is over the fence, the Pirates win!" World Series.
1975. Carlton Fisk's "if it stays fair.....homerun!" World Series.
1988. Kirk Gibson's walk off homerun. "I don't believe what I just saw" World Series.
1993. Joe Carter. "Down the left field line. Way back, and gone!" World Series.
Tonight, David Freese joins this list.