Re: GDT 10/27/11-Rangers (Lewis) @ Cardinals (García) 7:05 C
Posted: October 28 11, 12:00 am
and to think that we also crashed the forum for a while
oh yeah game 7 coming tomorrow
oh yeah game 7 coming tomorrow
A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
https://gatewayredbirds.org/forum/
lambeausouth wrote:Outside of some of the sloppy fielding tonight by both teams (no doubt due in part to the wind), that's one of the greatest games I have ever seen.
On some level, it just kills me seeing the Cardinals, and not my Brewers doing this. But on a much bigger level, as an absolute lover of baseball, what an amazing game to behold. Just a joy. If I ever have kids, this is a game that they will talk about, and I will be able to tell them I saw it.
This is why baseball, not football, not basketball, is the greatest game ever conceived. We can all argue the popularity of the NFL, NBA and MLB, but in it's simplest terms, there is no game like baseball. How many times tonight did we see the Cardinals barely hanging on by a thread? You were down to your final strike, what, twice? There was no shot clock ticking down, no 2 minute warning. Three simple outs, and a team unlike any other I have ever witnessed. Call it a team of destiny, call it an absolute refusal to lose, this St. Louis Cardinals team has guts, and heart, and an unwillingness to give up...the Cardinals might be our enemy during the regular season, but as a Brewers fan, as a baseball fan, I've got to say...
Nicely done!
Kirby Puckett in 1991 should be on the list as well. Whatever, it's an elite list.lambeausouth wrote:In the pantheon of great postseason homeruns, there have arguably been five that will stand the test of time.
1951. Bobby Thompson's "the Giants win the pennant". Playoff tiebreaker, "the Shot Heard Round the World".
1960. Bob Mazerowski. "It is over the fence, the Pirates win!" World Series.
1975. Carlton Fisk's "if it stays fair.....homerun!" World Series.
1988. Kirk Gibson's walk off homerun. "I don't believe what I just saw" World Series.
1993. Joe Carter. "Down the left field line. Way back, and gone!" World Series.
Tonight, David Freese joins this list.
Berkmang has possibly been my favorite player this season (recent heroics not withstanidng.)redbirdjazzz wrote:+++++++++planet pujolsian wrote:I love Lance so much.G. Keenan wrote:He's the best addition to this team, from an on and off field perspective, in a long time, and a breath of fresh air in interviews and press conferences. He should have been a Cardinal all along.cardsfansince82 wrote:Again, I heart Berkman.
MDCardsFan wrote:lambeausouth wrote:Outside of some of the sloppy fielding tonight by both teams (no doubt due in part to the wind), that's one of the greatest games I have ever seen.
On some level, it just kills me seeing the Cardinals, and not my Brewers doing this. But on a much bigger level, as an absolute lover of baseball, what an amazing game to behold. Just a joy. If I ever have kids, this is a game that they will talk about, and I will be able to tell them I saw it.
This is why baseball, not football, not basketball, is the greatest game ever conceived. We can all argue the popularity of the NFL, NBA and MLB, but in it's simplest terms, there is no game like baseball. How many times tonight did we see the Cardinals barely hanging on by a thread? You were down to your final strike, what, twice? There was no shot clock ticking down, no 2 minute warning. Three simple outs, and a team unlike any other I have ever witnessed. Call it a team of destiny, call it an absolute refusal to lose, this St. Louis Cardinals team has guts, and heart, and an unwillingness to give up...the Cardinals might be our enemy during the regular season, but as a Brewers fan, as a baseball fan, I've got to say...
Nicely done!
I can honestly say that the biggest thrill for me is that my 9 and 11-year old boys will be able to watch tomorrows games 7 in its entirety. They were in bed on a school night long before this one ended. Tomorrow, God willing, they will feel the simple joy of a World Series championship. Hang in there Lambeausouth, you one day will have kids, and they to will get this simple thrill.
And even if the Cards fall short, its hard to complain about a team that shows as much heart as this one die.
That was a great read. thanks.ghostrunner wrote:It's cool to see an outsider's impression on these kinds of things. I was checking the Sons of Sam Horn WS thread, and it's pretty entertaining
Best stuff about tonight starts here:
http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/68707-20 ... __st__1700
Thank you. I totally agree.lambeausouth wrote:Outside of some of the sloppy fielding tonight by both teams (no doubt due in part to the wind), that's one of the greatest games I have ever seen.
On some level, it just kills me seeing the Cardinals, and not my Brewers doing this. But on a much bigger level, as an absolute lover of baseball, what an amazing game to behold. Just a joy. If I ever have kids, this is a game that they will talk about, and I will be able to tell them I saw it.
This is why baseball, not football, not basketball, is the greatest game ever conceived. We can all argue the popularity of the NFL, NBA and MLB, but in it's simplest terms, there is no game like baseball. How many times tonight did we see the Cardinals barely hanging on by a thread? You were down to your final strike, what, twice? There was no shot clock ticking down, no 2 minute warning. Three simple outs, and a team unlike any other I have ever witnessed. Call it a team of destiny, call it an absolute refusal to lose, this St. Louis Cardinals team has guts, and heart, and an unwillingness to give up...the Cardinals might be our enemy during the regular season, but as a Brewers fan, as a baseball fan, I've got to say...
Nicely done!
Awesome. Yeah, I was watching it with the family in awe.. I had to walk the dogs in rangers top of the 9th to steel myself for what I thought would be the end of the season.haltz wrote:Watched at work, where the expo came out to check the score at the bar on our one tiny television, shouted "[expletive] yeah!" in front of 50 non-baseball fan customers when Lance homered in the 1st and ran straight into a wall. Hilarious on an incredibly slow night in an establishment where the patrons drink $17 glasses of wine on white tablecloths.
Watched the madness ensue at my gf's house on The Hill, screaming with every comeback, waking up her roommate who kept passing out in the chair on the other side of the room. The window was open and you could hear cheering in the night from houses up and down her street. Reminded me of living on East Campus when Pujols homered off Lidge and students appeared from various houses running up and down the street yelling and high-fiving each other.
Don't know if this has been posted: