Page 28 of 262
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 17 09, 10:41 am
by Radbird
Falstaff still available anywhere?

Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 17 09, 11:37 am
by Popeye_Card
Pretty sure the last batch of Falstaff was brewed about 5 years ago, unless someone revived it.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 17 09, 11:39 am
by Hungary Jack
Popeye_Card wrote:My condolances to Chicagoans.
Our Socialist Republic ensures that beer drinkers subsidize the needy politicians.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 17 09, 12:15 pm
by jim
JL21 wrote:jim wrote:Popeye_Card wrote:The Schlitz 60's formula is no longer cheap. It sells for around $6.50 a 6'er around here. 12 pack of cans used to be $5.99. Now they pulled the cans off the shelves--just the 60's formula in bottles. I'm kinda pissed. I've had to switch back to Stag and Busch.
$10.99/12 here.
How is it? I've wanted to hit it up in the new old incarnation.
It's good. I'm not talking New Glarus good, but definitely better than MGD and Coors.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 17 09, 4:34 pm
by Hungary Jack
Saying it's better than Coors or MGD is like saying my girlfriend is cuter than your 300lb, one-armed, cleft-palated adoptive sister (not you personally).
At that point, the bar is so low it's hard to find it.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 17 09, 5:15 pm
by jim
Hungary Jack wrote:Saying it's better than Coors or MGD is like saying my girlfriend is cuter than your 300lb, one-armed, cleft-palated adoptive sister (not you personally).
At that point, the bar is so low it's hard to find it.
Ok, Budweiser-ish. Besides, I like MGD and Coors.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 18 09, 2:40 pm
by thrill
My favorite bar just got Ten Fidy Imperial Stout on tap!
BAM
I'm excited.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 18 09, 3:01 pm
by heyzeus
My office is bringing in some St Arnolds Fancy Lawnmower right now. Mmmmm.
Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 18 09, 4:47 pm
by Radbird
For my Friday afternoon libation, I went with a local brew.

Re: The Beer Thread
Posted: September 18 09, 5:04 pm
by jim
It's almost ridiculous to even talk about these beers there are so many. Who is going to go to the store and say "Ahh... Jack recommended the Totally Rad Super Duper Cool Wingmaster Stein Bavarian IPA Full Harvest Moon Ale - I 'm gonna get me a 6 pack.
Is anyone NOT brewing something?