Page 28 of 347

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 5 08, 9:38 pm
by PujolJunkie
Okay, so I've more or less made a list of new 360 games coming out that I think are important to have if you're investing in a 360:

Left 4 Dead
MK vs DC Universe
Gears of War 2
COD: World at War
Prince of Persia (only if you have enormous amounts of time on your hands. one of the hardest games ever made. i swear)
Fable 2
Mirror's Edge
Saints Row 2
Far Cry 2
Dead Space

If you're looking toward some older games that are really good and you can find them at a reduced price or some even really cheap:

Too Human
Assassin's Creed
Dead Rising
Mass Effect (probably my favorite game of this year until i get L4D)
BioShock
Perfect Dark 0
Soul Caliber IV
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six : Vegas 2
Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter 2
Crackdown
Quake 4
Ninja Gaiden 2 (up there with Prince of Persia in difficulty)
Burnout Paradise
GUN

The list is really almost endless.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 5 08, 9:50 pm
by longhornbaseball
If you don't have COD4, get that before World at War. WaW is mediocre.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 5 08, 10:43 pm
by PujolJunkie
longhornbaseball wrote:If you don't have COD4, get that before World at War. WaW is mediocre.
++

I just included WAW because people seem to love newer COD games. I like 4 better.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 5 08, 11:00 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
PujolJunkie wrote:
longhornbaseball wrote:If you don't have COD4, get that before World at War. WaW is mediocre.
++

I just included WAW because people seem to love newer COD games. I like 4 better.
Haven't played WAW yet, but it's gotta be hard to top COD4. That game is incredible. I really gotta get my XBL going again.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 6 08, 2:01 am
by InvincibleCakeEater
Anyone happen to have a free live trial they're not going to use?

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 6 08, 6:17 am
by cardsfansince82
COD: World at War's single player had some fun parts but there were several spots that were annoyingly hard to beat on the higher settings.

The little bit of multiplayer I played was just OK but the other players were way too good for me.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 7 08, 3:29 pm
by Jocephus
finally got the hoard the horde achievement

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 3:01 pm
by Tambourine Man
In general, do games on the 360 seem a little dark in appearance? If not, I need to adjust my settings. Halo 3 and GOW both look that way to me.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 3:07 pm
by Michael
GoW1 is very washed-out looking game, but it's not really dark. Halo3 isn't dark either. Sounds like you need to adjust your contrast settings.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 3:11 pm
by Jocephus
gow2 looks great on mine

did you just get gears tam. man?