Page 28 of 45

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 8 16, 6:04 pm
by MrCrowesGarden
wart57 wrote:Image
A guy I know and his wife have a combined one part time job between them. They have seven kids. Because she is 1/16 Eskimo, they qualify for a government subsidy. Both have said they keep having kids to get bigger welfare checks.

Today he posted this meme and commented "It's 2008 all over again."

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 9:59 am
by Freed Roger
Welp, I joined the Facebook mainly for catching up with some trail running stuff and my baby grand-niece and nephew I don't see enough.

against my better judgement, I caved and friended some peeps beyond the trail running stuff.

Here's the first gem -a suggested pages to follow, "MU Students Unite for a White Union". WTF?

Took me a while, located the source is a "like" to that page by a neighborhood clown.

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:03 am
by cardinalkarp
Facebook is ALL garbage.

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:05 am
by wart57
cardinalkarp wrote:Facebook is ALL garbage.
I would say 95% garbage.

The other 5% allows me to keep up with my family back home.

But that 95% is a killer. Mrs. Wart eats it up.

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:12 am
by cardinalkarp
I'll take it back, it's not ALL garbage if a person uses it as a timeline for their own pictures and things like that.

But when it comes to other peoples crap, it's garbage. If I want to know what a friend of mine is doing i'll call them.

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:18 am
by Freed Roger
I won't pontificate about FB after joining on my own will. But I do notice there are some family that I'd like to follow and they rarely post. Not surprising though.

I don't know why, but I didn't expect the constant suggestions for pages friends groups. Is there a way to turn that [expletive] off?

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:27 am
by jim
That sign is actually hilarious.

Is FB getting less popular? I have not seen it in years, so I have no idea how active people are or if they have found something else to do with their time.

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:45 am
by cardinalkarp
jim wrote:That sign is actually hilarious.

Is FB getting less popular? I have not seen it in years, so I have no idea how active people are or if they have found something else to do with their time.
couldn't tell you....I've never joined the facebook.

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:48 am
by haltz
FB is really popular with moms

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Posted: March 31 16, 10:58 am
by Freed Roger
haltz wrote:FB is really popular with moms
I wish more of them were hot.