Page 29 of 347

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 3:18 pm
by Tambourine Man
Jocephus wrote:gow2 looks great on mine

did you just get gears tam. man?
GOW1, yeah. I've got 2 but I wanna play the campaigns in order. Once I'm comfy with the controls (not yet), we need to get a group for Live.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 3:22 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
I can't believe I'm just now tapping into the PC to 360 capabilities of this thing. I've had it for a couple years now and just now networked them. It's awesome. Watching all of my downloaded movies and shows on tv is awesome.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 3:25 pm
by haltz
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I can't believe I'm just now tapping into the PC to 360 capabilities of this thing. I've had it for a couple years now and just now networked them. It's awesome. Watching all of my downloaded movies and shows on tv is awesome.
Did you have any trouble with the video? I've got my whole song library playing just fine, but .avi files aren't working for some reason.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 5:21 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
haltz wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I can't believe I'm just now tapping into the PC to 360 capabilities of this thing. I've had it for a couple years now and just now networked them. It's awesome. Watching all of my downloaded movies and shows on tv is awesome.
Did you have any trouble with the video? I've got my whole song library playing just fine, but .avi files aren't working for some reason.
My .avi files work perfectly. I have to download a codec once in awhile, but taht's about it. Most of my videos are divx videos that I've gotten from streaming sites like ninja video, etc. I just go into my divx/temp file and change the file extension to .avi

Are the videos simply not playing, or are they not even showing up in your video library?

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 5:33 pm
by haltz
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
haltz wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I can't believe I'm just now tapping into the PC to 360 capabilities of this thing. I've had it for a couple years now and just now networked them. It's awesome. Watching all of my downloaded movies and shows on tv is awesome.
Did you have any trouble with the video? I've got my whole song library playing just fine, but .avi files aren't working for some reason.
My .avi files work perfectly. I have to download a codec once in awhile, but taht's about it. Most of my videos are divx videos that I've gotten from streaming sites like ninja video, etc. I just go into my divx/temp file and change the file extension to .avi

Are the videos simply not playing, or are they not even showing up in your video library?
They aren't even there. I do the exact same thing (media > video library instead of music library) and choose my PC and nothing shows up. All my mp3s are right there. EDIT: I figured it out.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 6:01 pm
by InvincibleCakeEater
haltz wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
haltz wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I can't believe I'm just now tapping into the PC to 360 capabilities of this thing. I've had it for a couple years now and just now networked them. It's awesome. Watching all of my downloaded movies and shows on tv is awesome.
Did you have any trouble with the video? I've got my whole song library playing just fine, but .avi files aren't working for some reason.
My .avi files work perfectly. I have to download a codec once in awhile, but taht's about it. Most of my videos are divx videos that I've gotten from streaming sites like ninja video, etc. I just go into my divx/temp file and change the file extension to .avi

Are the videos simply not playing, or are they not even showing up in your video library?
They aren't even there. I do the exact same thing (media > video library instead of music library) and choose my PC and nothing shows up. All my mp3s are right there. EDIT: I figured it out.
Did you just add your video folders to your sharing list?

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 8 08, 6:07 pm
by haltz
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
haltz wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
haltz wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I can't believe I'm just now tapping into the PC to 360 capabilities of this thing. I've had it for a couple years now and just now networked them. It's awesome. Watching all of my downloaded movies and shows on tv is awesome.
Did you have any trouble with the video? I've got my whole song library playing just fine, but .avi files aren't working for some reason.
My .avi files work perfectly. I have to download a codec once in awhile, but taht's about it. Most of my videos are divx videos that I've gotten from streaming sites like ninja video, etc. I just go into my divx/temp file and change the file extension to .avi

Are the videos simply not playing, or are they not even showing up in your video library?
They aren't even there. I do the exact same thing (media > video library instead of music library) and choose my PC and nothing shows up. All my mp3s are right there. EDIT: I figured it out.
Did you just add your video folders to your sharing list?
No, I had done all of that stuff, which is why it was frustrating. As I suspected, it was something as simple as putting my videos into My Videos instead of the folder I had them in, even though they were already added to WMP11. I'm only getting about a quarter of them to show up and play, so right now I'm trying this TVersity thing that someone mentioned on another site to see if that helps.

EDIT: And that definitely worked. All my videos are playing. Looking forward to midget amputee porn on the TV screen.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 9 08, 10:56 pm
by TimeForGuinness
Michael, how is the Netflix feature? From the rumors I've been reading about, Sony won't go with Netflix. They want to focus on their own digital download service through the Sony store on the PS3...but I hear rumors that they might be striking a deal with Blockbuster.

It's a big "meh" from me (on Blockbuster)...I'd rather have Netflix.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 11 08, 5:39 pm
by Michael
TimeForGuinness wrote:Michael, how is the Netflix feature? From the rumors I've been reading about, Sony won't go with Netflix. They want to focus on their own digital download service through the Sony store on the PS3...but I hear rumors that they might be striking a deal with Blockbuster.

It's a big "meh" from me (on Blockbuster)...I'd rather have Netflix.

I really like it, but the if you are interested in new release you'll be disappointed. The combination of streaming and the dvd mailings is awesome. I had blockbuster and canceled it. I don't regret that decision.


BTW, I got my ps3... the hardware is really well designed but the system really boring compared to XLE. What's with the orchestral start-up music, nasty brown/orange background and bland interface? In my opinion, for gaming there's no question the 360 is more fun.

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Posted: December 12 08, 8:34 am
by TimeForGuinness
Michael wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote:Michael, how is the Netflix feature? From the rumors I've been reading about, Sony won't go with Netflix. They want to focus on their own digital download service through the Sony store on the PS3...but I hear rumors that they might be striking a deal with Blockbuster.

It's a big "meh" from me (on Blockbuster)...I'd rather have Netflix.

I really like it, but the if you are interested in new release you'll be disappointed. The combination of streaming and the dvd mailings is awesome. I had blockbuster and canceled it. I don't regret that decision.


BTW, I got my ps3... the hardware is really well designed but the system really boring compared to XLE. What's with the orchestral start-up music, nasty brown/orange background and bland interface? In my opinion, for gaming there's no question the 360 is more fun.
It isn't bad...and the nasty brown/orange background changes color depending on the time of day...my guess is that you started it up after work? It will turn to a blue/black once the sun goes down. Go to the playstation store and download some new skins for your background...I've found some nice ones in there.

As for the boring part, I agree...but I think that lately they have been releasing a lot of newer features with their firmware updates. (browser updates, trophies, Playstation Store, Home (the Beta went live last night...it's ok...needs work), etc). The hardware is solid, but the software/interface is boring and needs work/more features.