Mizzou football '13

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

My brother put $20 on Mizzou, way back in August, to win the SEC, at 60-1. He didn't really think it'd happen but he was in Vegas and figured, "Why not?"

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Nick Saban on Gameday just said Mizzou has the best Defensive Line in the SEC. Is there an emoticon that conveys the disbelief I just heard. What a compliment.
I heard that, but I'm pretty sure he said in a roundabout way that Mizzou shouldn't play for the NC even if they beat Auburn and the Noles or Buckeyes lose. I realize he has to stump for his team, but that seemed surprising.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

In the worst round of celebrity pickers ever, Joey Chestnut, the World Series of Poker winner, and Corso all take Auburn. Herbstreit takes Mizzou.

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by haltz »

I never really have much of a [expletive] about the football team when I was there, but Pinkel was a regular of mine at the restaurant I worked at in CoMo. He's one of of the better guests I've ever had and a legitimately great person.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by lukethedrifter »

Where to watch, where to watch?

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by haltz »

lukethedrifter wrote:Where to watch, where to watch?
I'm bartending at three and we have four TVs now. Not exactly the greatest football atmosphere though.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I feel weirdly optimistic about this game. Maybe because I didn't expect them to make it at all, or if they got there it would be to get beat down by Alabama. Now that it's here it feels like nothing to lose. The Mizzou pessimist in me would normally be worrying about a million things, but this team feels different. They always show up to play and don't seem intimidated by anyone. We already got the junk kick out of the way earlier and have bounced back from it. [expletive] it, let's win the whole thing.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by lukethedrifter »

haltz wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Where to watch, where to watch?
I'm bartending at three and we have four TVs now. Not exactly the greatest football atmosphere though.
I might yell [expletive] and [expletive].

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

JL21 wrote:My brother put $20 on Mizzou, way back in August, to win the SEC, at 60-1. He didn't really think it'd happen but he was in Vegas and figured, "Why not?"
Im sure he's rooting dor mizzou but I really hope he bet at least a hundred on auburn to guarantee he walks away w a little money.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by cardsfansince82 »

Auburn was also 75/1 preseason so anybody still holding a futures bet ticket could lock up a win. You could almost pay for the trip to Vegas just with that, right?

Post Reply