Page 29 of 46

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 10:46 am
by JL21
My brother put $20 on Mizzou, way back in August, to win the SEC, at 60-1. He didn't really think it'd happen but he was in Vegas and figured, "Why not?"

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 10:56 am
by MrCrowesGarden
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Nick Saban on Gameday just said Mizzou has the best Defensive Line in the SEC. Is there an emoticon that conveys the disbelief I just heard. What a compliment.
I heard that, but I'm pretty sure he said in a roundabout way that Mizzou shouldn't play for the NC even if they beat Auburn and the Noles or Buckeyes lose. I realize he has to stump for his team, but that seemed surprising.

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 10:59 am
by MrCrowesGarden
In the worst round of celebrity pickers ever, Joey Chestnut, the World Series of Poker winner, and Corso all take Auburn. Herbstreit takes Mizzou.

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 11:58 am
by haltz
I never really have much of a [expletive] about the football team when I was there, but Pinkel was a regular of mine at the restaurant I worked at in CoMo. He's one of of the better guests I've ever had and a legitimately great person.

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 12:21 pm
by lukethedrifter
Where to watch, where to watch?

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 12:24 pm
by haltz
lukethedrifter wrote:Where to watch, where to watch?
I'm bartending at three and we have four TVs now. Not exactly the greatest football atmosphere though.

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 12:34 pm
by cardsfansince82
I feel weirdly optimistic about this game. Maybe because I didn't expect them to make it at all, or if they got there it would be to get beat down by Alabama. Now that it's here it feels like nothing to lose. The Mizzou pessimist in me would normally be worrying about a million things, but this team feels different. They always show up to play and don't seem intimidated by anyone. We already got the junk kick out of the way earlier and have bounced back from it. [expletive] it, let's win the whole thing.

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 12:46 pm
by lukethedrifter
haltz wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Where to watch, where to watch?
I'm bartending at three and we have four TVs now. Not exactly the greatest football atmosphere though.
I might yell [expletive] and [expletive].

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 1:18 pm
by AWvsCBsteeeerike3
JL21 wrote:My brother put $20 on Mizzou, way back in August, to win the SEC, at 60-1. He didn't really think it'd happen but he was in Vegas and figured, "Why not?"
Im sure he's rooting dor mizzou but I really hope he bet at least a hundred on auburn to guarantee he walks away w a little money.

Re: Mizzou football '13

Posted: December 7 13, 2:33 pm
by cardsfansince82
Auburn was also 75/1 preseason so anybody still holding a futures bet ticket could lock up a win. You could almost pay for the trip to Vegas just with that, right?