The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Post Reply
User avatar
wart57
just can't quit you.
Posts: 25075
Joined: April 18 06, 4:33 pm
Location: Lost

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by wart57 »

the best thing about playstaion3 is it is free to play online I think, I don't get to play much, and you have to pay for xbox live.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

i picked up gta iv last night, for those who have it and want to get some MP on

User avatar
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3654
Joined: April 17 06, 7:35 pm
Location: Too close for missiles, switching to guns

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by letsgocards89 »

TimeForGuinness wrote:I really want FFXIII to come out soon
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43656.html

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by haltz »

http://www.themediamall.com/playon

Hulu and YouTube on your 360.

User avatar
robbotis
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4791
Joined: April 18 06, 7:05 am
Location: Minneapolis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by robbotis »

haltz wrote:http://www.themediamall.com/playon

Hulu and YouTube on your 360.

Does this work well? What's the cost?

I'm pretty disappointed w/ the options on Netflix via the 360. I keep hearing just wait till they add more titles. But then you have Sony and other studios refusing to provide content for this service. What a bummer. But, If I can play Hulu items, that would rock.

Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 64992
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Jocephus »

haltz wrote:http://www.themediamall.com/playon

Hulu and YouTube on your 360.
i tried once to get my laptop "on my 360", but couldn't really figure it out...but then again, i only tried 1x..and was doing it half-assed...

i need to do it though, that would give me such a better "multimedia center"... all from my one bedroom apartment!

Image

User avatar
haltz
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 22630
Joined: November 9 06, 6:45 am
Location: a proud midwestern metropolis

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by haltz »

robbotis wrote:
haltz wrote:http://www.themediamall.com/playon

Hulu and YouTube on your 360.

Does this work well? What's the cost?

I'm pretty disappointed w/ the options on Netflix via the 360. I keep hearing just wait till they add more titles. But then you have Sony and other studios refusing to provide content for this service. What a bummer. But, If I can play Hulu items, that would rock.
It's working fine for me. The beta is a free trial, and I'll decide whether to drop $30 on it when the time comes. Picture quality is solid on hulu - youtube looks like youtube. Anyway, 12,000 titles just isn't as many as it seems I guess. I totally agree about Netflix.

I love a good Don Lapre joke. I really do.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11413
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by Tambourine Man »

haltz's Live avatar is better than the streaming Netflix. I laugh every time I see it. There are a few documentaries I wanna check out...Ken Burns' Jazz, another one about Jack Johnson, and there's one about Nick Drake that's available until January.

I'm not even going to attempt configuring that other stuff , though it sounds cool.

Online
User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30816
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by ghostrunner »

haltz wrote: I love a good Don Lapre joke. I really do.
He's the only person I've ever heard who manages to place emphasis on every syllable he says. You'd think that would mean there is no emphasis, but no. He manages to do it.

User avatar
AdmiralKird
MBA, CPA, CFA, CFP, JD, PE, MD
Posts: 10174
Joined: March 7 07, 4:50 pm
Location: Tycho Crater, Luna

Re: New Xbox Live "experience"

Post by AdmiralKird »

My Madden 09 DVD is kaput (crack about 1cm in from the center). It will cost me $20.50 to replace if I want to play it again :-(

Post Reply