2011 NFL season

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by lukethedrifter »

cpebbles wrote:Colts win, but unless they win out the Rams have no chance of moving up to #1 because of a stronger schedule. The second half of the season has done nothing to change my mind about wanting to take Luck and let Bradford go.
I wanted Suh. You were a Bradford guy, no?

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I'd rather have Luck than Bradford, but I'd be alright with keeping Sam and drafting Blackmon, which seems like the most probable scenario.

User avatar
cpebbles
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 8829
Joined: August 30 07, 12:28 pm

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by cpebbles »

Nope, I was a Suh guy.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by lukethedrifter »

cpebbles wrote:Nope, I was a Suh guy.
Then I guess neither of us has changed his mind.

How about Bill Cowher?

/he'll never come to stl

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by lukethedrifter »

dbl post.
Last edited by lukethedrifter on December 19 11, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Michael »

Radbird wrote:Apparently all it took for the Packers to lose a game was for me actually be in Wisconsin.
haha

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by lukethedrifter »

Thought yesterday's Tebow was a good indicator of what you can Tebow from Tebow. The dude is a tough football player, a very very solid runner, a fair thrower and not a great decision maker. He's going to create problems for DBs and linebackers who will not be able to fully commit one way or another as quickly as they would otherwise, at least until he gets Tebowed a few more times by some of the Tebows in the league.

User avatar
Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!
Posts: 10841
Joined: July 1 06, 7:24 pm
Location: Lost in the Cloud

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Schlich »

lukethedrifter wrote:Thought yesterday's Tebow was a good indicator of what you can Tebow from Tebow. The dude is a tough football player, a very very solid runner, a fair thrower and not a great decision maker. He's going to create problems for DBs and linebackers who will not be able to fully commit one way or another as quickly as they would otherwise, at least until he gets Tebowed a few more times by some of the Tebows in the league.
I'm not sold on his decision-making abilities one way or another--i feel like he's made some poor decisions and some great decisions-- but it's also only his second year in the league.

Good post, though.

Michael
GRB Founder
Posts: 35303
Joined: December 31 69, 6:00 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Michael »

I pretty much agree, but I think he's a poor thrower, not fair. I will admit Tebow has been more effective than I thought he would be. Long-term I don't think the bronco's offense can be successful because his arm is so bad. I also don't think Tebow's play style will allow him to stay healthy.

FWIW, right now the bronco's offense is pretty fun to watch because it's completely different than anything else in the NFL.

Socnorb11
The Last Word
Posts: 21906
Joined: June 21 06, 8:45 am

Re: 2011 NFL season

Post by Socnorb11 »

Michael wrote:I pretty much agree, but I think he's a poor thrower, not fair. I will admit Tebow has been more effective than I thought he would be. Long-term I don't think the bronco's offense can be successful because his arm is so bad. I also don't think Tebow's play style will allow him to stay healthy.

I hear this a lot, but couldn't you say the same thing for any NFL running back?

The decision-making isn't really an issue yet, in my opinion. The off-season lockout hurt him quite a bit, and he's started fewer than a year's-worth of NFL games. I think everyone agreed right up front that it would take him some time. So let's give him some time.

The accuracy is the biggest issue, by far. Maybe he can improve on that, maybe he can't. Better receivers would help, too. I read last week that the Broncos were among the leaders in the league in dropped-passes.

Post Reply