Page 30 of 39

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:44 pm
by planet planet
I hope Tony comes out with his memoirs.

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:44 pm
by Richie Allen
JL21 wrote:
greenback44 wrote:It really is 1964.
Hopefully this year's replacement will have the success that the 1964 replacement did (at least, in '67 and '68).
Not sure we could deal with another 1965 right now.

I grew up thinking that 1965 was a complete disaster, as I suppose any 7th place finish after a world championship should be, but I just looked that year up to see exactly how bad we were...by comparison to 1964 we scored 715 runs in 64 and 707 in 65 and gave up 652 in 64 versus 674 in 65. Game of inches (along with pythag being nothing more than a very quick estimate).

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:49 pm
by slide_into_first
planet pujolsian wrote:I hope Tony comes out with his memoirs.
How do you mean that?

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:53 pm
by planet planet
slide_into_first wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:I hope Tony comes out with his memoirs.
How do you mean that?
I mean that he's such a weirdo (enigma might be a nicer way of putting it) and I'd like to understand the weirdness behind the facade.

Happy belated birthday, by the way!

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:54 pm
by Fat Strat
slide_into_first wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:I hope Tony comes out with his memoirs.
How do you mean that?
I'm just guessing, and I could be wrong, but I think planet means that she hopes Tony comes out with his memoirs.

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:56 pm
by mcgee51taguchi99
Fat Strat wrote:
slide_into_first wrote:
planet pujolsian wrote:I hope Tony comes out with his memoirs.
How do you mean that?
I'm just guessing, and I could be wrong, but I think planet means that she hopes Tony comes out with his memoirs.
LOL, Natty Ice cold post of the day.

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:56 pm
by Fan_In_NY
docellis wrote:
Pedro Gomez
Prediction from someone who covered Tony La Russa as a beat writer for half a dozen years: He'll be back managing in 2013, if not sooner.
Pedro Gomez's last prediction was a Rangers sweep of the Cards...followed by a Rangers Game 7 victory... so for some reason I don't put a whole lotta weight on his predictions.

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:57 pm
by mcgee51taguchi99
Fan_In_NY wrote:
docellis wrote:
Pedro Gomez
Prediction from someone who covered Tony La Russa as a beat writer for half a dozen years: He'll be back managing in 2013, if not sooner.
Pedro Gomez's last prediction was a Rangers sweep of the Cards...followed by a Rangers Game 7 victory... so for some reason I don't put a whole lotta weight on his predictions.
Doesn't sound like Pedro is predicting, but instead someone who covered the team for 6 years.

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 1:59 pm
by Rieges
Richie Allen wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I don't disagree with Bernie
miklasz Bernie Miklasz
Pujols isn't going to make his decision based on TLR. He's going to sign a long-term deal. LaRussa wouldn't have been around for it.
23 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
What about the thought that Tony made his decision based on Albert?
That was the first thing that came to my mind.

Re: Update p 2: Tony LaRussa Retires

Posted: October 31 11, 2:00 pm
by Jocephus
Image